The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-22-2023, 06:50 AM

Default Thoughts on the Taylor Academy 12N?

I've been exploring the Taylor Academy 12N and am curious about your experiences with it. Despite its unique features and quality (crossover), it seems less popular compared to other models.
Old 11-22-2023, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblues88 View Post
I've been exploring the Taylor Academy 12N and am curious about your experiences with it. Despite its unique features and quality (crossover), it seems less popular compared to other models.
AGF member Chris Crouse has a good overview video of the higher level Taylor nylon strung guitar on Youtube.

The general consensus of most people who research or play nylon strung guitars is that the Taylor nylons are over-built and therefore suffer lack of the rich tone that we look for with a nylon strung guitar. I agree with that, for both the higher level Taylor and the Academy series nylon. I've played both of Taylor's offerings and would look elsewhere unless you just like the idea of your guitar wearing the Taylor name.

If you're looking for a lower price point crossover then check out the Cordoba line.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical