The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-12-2019, 04:36 PM

Default Mosaic

I’m curious about the Digitech Mosaic polyphonic 12 string effect pedal. I’ve watched some YouTube videos, but there isn’t much out there on it with an acoustic guitar. Anyone have one that they are using on their acoustic pedalboard?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 PM

Only using it with electric. It does a fair imitation of a tres provided I can play tres parts. I keep meaning to test it with acoustic. Since it octave ups all 6 strings it is not a perfect 12 string emulation anyway. But not bad. Maybe tomorrow I'll hook up my acoustic since the board with the mosaic is out.

hunter
Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 PM

My duo partner has one and uses it. Given he brings a guitar and bass, the 12 string was a lot time wasted tuning... I think he has decided it is close enough and I've not seen his D12-20 at a gig in years. He usually brings an ES1.3 Taylor GC-8 to gigs but occasionally he brings his Martin HD-28VR that I installed a K&K. I think either guitar works well with the Mosaic. Our repertoire is vocal heavy and not instrumental.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 06-13-2019, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback gents. I play electric as well as acoustic, but I am more interested in this for acoustic. I’d like to hear your thoughts, Zhunter, after you have an opportunity to try if with your acoustic.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:46 AM

Works better for electric than acoustic to my ear. It is a slightly synthetic recreation of the string. With acoustic I think that synthetic nature is a little more noticeable. Still if I needed a 12 string acoustic part? I would use the Mosaic.

hunter
Old 06-15-2019, 10:23 AM

Just to follow up a bit. I bought that Mosaic for my duo partner as a gift hoping the D12-20 and its infinite time to tune would stop showing up at gigs. And it worked. My partner is not a technology lover and the Mosaic does one thing well. But under the hood it is just an IR (impulse response) effect that was tweaked to do a single function. It seems like a better purchase might be a Line 6 Helix Stomp (I know a lot more money) that could do anything and is supported by third parties.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 AM

I really appreciate the additional information guys. This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification