The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
You're right, Tonyo... those links didn't work for me either. Here are Steve James' books and DVDs. The one that reeve21 is referencing is entitled, "Fingerstyle Blues Songbook," and is purplish in color.

Steve's material is excellent. He's a student of the blues and loves teaching it. I really like his books and tabs. I think they are easier to use than most. The book mentioned above comes with a CD with the tunes played both slowly and up to speed. His website also includes some free lessons and tabs.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Old 06-19-2019, 03:47 AM

Another site I've found helpful is that of Scott Ainslie. Scott is a wonderful guitarist and vocalist, another student of the genre and loves teaching it to anybody who will listen.

He does Mississippi John Hurt like no other. At his website under, "Music Instructor," is a section on John with eight free tabs. His website is loaded with great stuff for anyone interested in the blues. Here is Scott singing, "Death Don't Have No Mercy." The video doesn't change since it comes from the CD, but the version is excellent... great guitar and vocal.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:20 AM

Go down to the crossroads at midnight & make a deal with the devil. 😁
Old 06-19-2019, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Those links didn't work for me, would you mind posting in text the title and author of each book?

Thanks
Sorry about that. The Steve James book I like is Fingerstyle Blues Songbook, published by Acoustic Guitar Private Lessons. He has some others, too.

The Dave Rubin book is 12 Bar Fingerstyle Blues, published by Hal Leonard. Like the James book, it also comes with downloadable tracks (which I have not yet used).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write