The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-13-2019, 11:44 AM

Default Hard Case for Breedlove Concerto CE

I have a Breedlove Pursuit Concerto CE coming from GC (they matched the MF SDOTD) as my first acoustic in 15 years. That way if something’s wrong or I don’t like it I can just return it to the store that’s a couple hours away instead of messing with shipping. Anyway, does anyone have a line on a hard case that it will fit nicely in?

I also need to get a case humidifier and hygrometer as well. House humidity runs about 30-35% in the winter. Doesn’t seem to affect any of my electrics, but I don’t want to take a chance.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Hi Blooze,

First of all, welcome to the AGF! I hope you find it to be as informative and enjoyable as I do.

I just bought the same guitar a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. Breedlove is producing some great instruments.

Regarding a hardshell case for your Concerto, you can order one directly from Breedlove at https://gear.breedlovemusic.com/.

The RoadRunner RRDWA dreadnought case from GC is also a good option: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Ru...d-7006d421a102

I purchased the RoadRunner case (got a good Black Friday price) and my Concerto fits in it perfectly.

Regarding humidifiers, I use the D'addario Humidpaks and Music Nomad Humitar MN300 in my guitars. Both of those work well for me, although living in the Houston area, I don't have to worry much about low humidity.

Good luck and enjoy your new Breedlove!
Gibson J-45 Standard
Breedlove Pursuit Concerto CE
Takamine F400S 12-string
Yamaha FG800
Citation CIT8000 "The Survivor"
Electrics:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (2004)

Last edited by pickinray; 12-13-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinray View Post
Hi Blooze,

First of all, welcome to the AGF! I hope you find it to be as informative and enjoyable as I do.

I just bought the same guitar a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. Breedlove is producing some great instruments.

Good luck and enjoy your new Breedlove!
Thanks for all the info Pickinray! I’ve been lurking the AGF and there’s a lot of good info and seems like a good bunch of folks. Looking forward to playing the Breedlove and learning more.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinray View Post
Hi Blooze,

The RoadRunner RRDWA dreadnought case from GC is also a good option: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Ru...d-7006d421a102
I picked up this case and I have to say it seems a little tight on the depth. Fits the contours great and across the neck, but the saddle pushes right up to the bottom of the top lid. Not sure that’s a good thing. You can see the lid flex right over the saddle area.

Last edited by Bloozestringer; 12-28-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozestringer View Post
I picked up this case and I have to say it seems a little tight on the depth. Fits the contours great and across the neck, but the saddle pushes right up to the bottom of the top lid. Not sure that’s a good thing. You can see the lid flex right over the saddle area.
k you sh

Think you should have just spend the extra $20 and bought the BL case. The bulge in the case doesn't sound healthy to me. Maybe you can still return it.

If you play it right the first time, it's not hard enough.

Breedlove Exotic CM Classic E: Red Cedar/Black Walnut
Bedell Angelica Bellissima Parlor: Sunken Cedar/EIR
Breedlove Crossover OO Mandolin: Sitka/Maple
Old 12-28-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _zedagive View Post
k you sh

Think you should have just spend the extra $20 and bought the BL case. The bulge in the case doesn't sound healthy to me. Maybe you can still return it.
Returns not a problem. The BL case wasn’t on sale when I got the guitar. I just got the guitar back from the tech today so was just able to check the fit.

The BL case is $20 more + $60 shipping. So twice what I paid in total for the Roadrunner.

Last edited by Bloozestringer; 12-29-2019 at 12:10 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion