The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar

Old 06-21-2023, 03:23 AM

Default NGD Timberline T70HGc

I guess I’m following along with Tbirdman lol
In stepping into the world of harp guitar .

So yeah can I play it ? Um kind of . Lol [emoji23] it will take time . It’s a bulky thing . Getting used to
not seeing what your playing will be a bit challenging along with me trying to make effective use of the bass strings in my style of music , whatever one would call it .

It’s a bit odd feeling on guitar side for me as the strings feel closer together at the 12th fret yet the string spacing is 2.5 at the saddle which I’m used to . Oddly the neck is about 1/16th narrower at the 12th then my other guitars . My fingers seems to go to the wrong places but maybe it’s because of the guitars bulk and not playing in the my normal playing position?

Either way a new interesting journey.
I have forgotten I have to
Host photos here so let me try to get some up . Lol

I have to say Jamie Dupuis vid just does for me with this song . So beautiful God I just love it ! Why ? Lol who knows . Hahaha .

https://youtu.be/Lsd9xo2N3ZY

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 06-21-2023, 03:50 AM

Default NGD Timberline T70HGc

Here’s a link to some photos . I guess I can’t host link the pics via phone and I forgot how to edit posts on phone and deleting posts is oddly difficult? Lol anywho hopefully the link works . Lol [emoji23]

https://imgur.com/a/NQdNwRm

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 06-22-2023, 01:38 AM
Charter Member

Congrats, harp guitars are neat instruments.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogthefrog View Post
Congrats, harp guitars are neat instruments.

Thanks it’s going to be interesting for sure . I can’t read or write music no theory either lol just by ear playing . My current tuning is not working well with this guitar . Lol

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 06-24-2023, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

This years Harp Guitar gathering is right up the road from you in Mooresville, NC. It's the last weekend in October. If you are interested in the harp guitar you should join us. I live in Mooresville and I am the host. If you have questions about the instrument, send me a DM.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:19 PM

"Welcome to the world of the full sized guitar!" That's what they told me at my first Harp Guitar Gathering.... maybe almost five years ago now. Looking forward to Mooresville.

Congrats on the T70.... It takes a little time to get used to playing one of these, but just be patient. The learning curve is real.... well it was for me at least.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 06-28-2023, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
This years Harp Guitar gathering is right up the road from you in Mooresville, NC. It's the last weekend in October. If you are interested in the harp guitar you should join us. I live in Mooresville and I am the host. If you have questions about the instrument, send me a DM.

Heck yeah ! You could my newest best friend !! Lol [emoji23]

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------
Old 06-28-2023, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ffr0 View Post
"Welcome to the world of the full sized guitar!" That's what they told me at my first Harp Guitar Gathering.... maybe almost five years ago now. Looking forward to Mooresville.

Congrats on the T70.... It takes a little time to get used to playing one of these, but just be patient. The learning curve is real.... well it was for me at least.

Thanks . Wasn’t sure anyone around me would be into Harp but BAM ! Here ya are . Lol

Yes things I’m having to adjust are my chording placement seems off meaning my hands are going the wrong frets here and there more easily then my other guitars . Lol maybe it’s the bulk causing this . The other thing for some reason the string spacing feels a lot tighter then my other guitars .

I measured my blueridge as thats the guitar I been using with the tuning I been using which I transferred to the harp the neck is about 1/8 wider but string spacing is only off about 1/16 th hard to believe it feels more like a 1 5/8s nut width best I can say it .

Last is the intonation this runs on the odd side I think and even on my blueridge it’s touchy keeping it from going off . The slightest pressure can really take a note out of whack . But this guitar seem to have more issues with the tuning .

I have not checked the intonation in standard tuning yet so there is that . Lol but it has Tusk compensated saddles so I kind of figured it would be close to right but I digress. Lol [emoji23]

Now tuning the bass strings another issue tuning these puppies are tricky can’t go high so low is um Yikes ! I’d need like subwoofer lows ! Lol

Thing is I use a lot of octaves so I kind of run out of options but it just could be this tuning IDK ?

What else can I ramble off ? Um , oh yeah the bass strings so one was discolored a good bit so I’m considering changing them , all of them .

I’m pretty much stuck on Elixer nano webs and Martin monels phosphorus bronze . Reg bronze just don’t do for me . Anyway where do you get bass strings from ?

I’ve seen a harp site but on mobile I can’t find a buy page it’s just has the info I’m not sure what’s up with that . Lol they list the Timberline and PB strings . So I’m at a loss for the moment . Lol Maybe I have crank up the Pc .

Ok well that’s it for now ! I have hopes this works out for me as I feel it can help expend my music and meager playing skills . [emoji4]

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar