The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-11-2020, 01:42 AM

Orange Crush 30 acoustic is worth checking out. I really like mine.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphH View Post
Orange Crush 30 acoustic is worth checking out. I really like mine.
I saw this, .how does it sound with vocals?
Old 01-13-2020, 10:06 PM

A pair of Roland BA-330's on speaker stands or a pair of Bose S1 Pro's on a speaker stand with a T-mount and a TU01 USB powered mixer powered by a high capacity USB Power Bank or a Behringer 1002B battery powered mixer. You can run small combo bands through these setups.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigredhog View Post
Sometimes people are looking for current information. Going out of ones way to post the obvious availability of the search function in a thread that already apparently annoys them seems a bit unfriendly if not nitpicking. This is after all a discussion forum.
Agree. If not interested, just skip over. It's not like the passage of time means a past thread must be forever regarded as the final authority on the subject. On the contrary, we're in the middle of NAMM now, so what was news six months ago may have already become fish-wrapping.

If you don't need huge volume and don't want to spend a lot, a couple of months ago I picked up on Amazon (Italy) an "Amosic" 25w acoustic amp with XLR input also for a mic (they also go by Muslady and other brands), with bluetooth, and a rechargeable battery and charging cable. I spent around 100 euros at the time, which seemed cheap, and see they are now going for around Euro 74 for 15w versions. I've seen the same models under different names in the US Amazon store.

The quality and volume is surprisingly good! So is battery performance. Mine works great with a small group both for practice and our occasional performances. With amplified bass, fiddle, mandolin, and an occasional banjo. The only negative is the "delay" effect is pretty lame, but at this price I can't honestly complain.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification