The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Default Breedlove Frontier All-Mahogany Concert w/LR Baggs Element MINT $SOLD Total

This is a gorgeous guitar in every way-- to look at, to play, and above all to hear. It has a rich, sweet, focused tone with beautiful pronounced mids and sweet clear highs, with a warm but not overpowering bass. (Definitely take a listen to the YouTube video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYMChnEOgDw) The neck is pure joy to play-- very much like a sleek modern Martin "performing artist" neck. Sounds amazing plugged in, but also has remarkable volume and projection unplugged thanks to outstanding hand-scalloped bracing by the good folks at Breedlove in Bend, Oregon. 100% all solid woods and made in the USA.

I bought this brand new frankly on impulse in September 2019 because I like it so much, but I've just got too many guitars. Only because this is by far the newest, it's the one I'm going to let go. With the exception that I swapped in a Waverly cocobolo strap button and a Bob Colosi bone saddle, this guitar is as good (or slightly better) than new-- no dings or scratches or damage of any kind, period (if you see streaks in the photos, those are just reflections in the gloss finish).

Please note that this guitar is probably mostly geared toward fingerstyle playing (for example, there's no pickguard), and I've never played it with a pick. The current setup is exactly 3/32" bass E and 2/32" treble E with Elixir Nanoweb phosphor bronze 0.012"-0.053" strings. If you look at the Breedlove website for this guitar you'll see they describe it as suitable for multiple playing styles, so it will accommodate a pick; but if you're a heavy picker or strummer, the current setup may need to be raised.

Will come in the original mint condition Breedlove hardshell case and the Breedlove shipping box. I love this guitar... it's tough coming to terms with the fact that I can't keep every great guitar I try out!... my GAS is your gain.

Breedlove creates amazing tone, playability, and great looks for the price; and at a used price for a guitar that's as good or better than new, this one's a fantastic bargain. $SOLD shipped and PayPal'd in the continental U.S.

PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY at pwalker3 [at] gmail.com, because I don't always check my AGF email.

Specs from Breedlove's Frontier Concert E webpage:
Body Type: Concert
Neck Wood: Honduran mahogany
Solid Wood Top: Honduran mahogany
Solid Wood Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
Top Finish: Gloss
Back & Side Finish: Gloss
Fretboard: African ebony
# Frets: 20
Nut Width: 1.75”
Tuners Hardware: Breedlove, nickel
Lower Bout Width: 15.37"
Waist Width: 9"
Upper Bout Width: 11.28"
Body Length: 19.875"
Body Depth: 3.75" (neck), 4.5" (tail)
String Gauge: Elixir Nanoweb phosphor bronze 0.012"-0.053"
Pickup: LR Baggs EAS VTC
Bridge: Delta bridge, African ebony
Binding: Ivoroid
Inlay: Centered dots
Case: Deluxe hardshell
Scale Length: 25.5"
Sound Hole: 4"
Crafted In: Bend, OR USA

Last edited by Peterw; 06-15-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSx6...ature=emb_logo
Old 11-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Description and specs from Breedlove:

https://breedlovemusic.com/acoustic-...ogany-mahogany
Old 11-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Default Thanks, but not looking to trade

I appreciate the offers, but please no trades. Please, because they are tempting!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Default Price lowered

I'm lowering the price -- $1250 -> $1195. All-included. An insane great deal on a beautiful, essentially brand new guitar.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Best all-mahogany guitar I've ever played, mint condition

https://mooreguitars.com/breedlove-f...-mahogany-demo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars