The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-11-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn View Post
What an awesome guitar and even better pic! Gage makes special guitars, great to see you (and yours!) are enjoying them.
You should know! I agree his guitars are truly inspiring. I have enjoyed your videos of you playing your Halland guitar. Did you receive your latest yet?
Old 12-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Grain runout on a guitar at that new price point is completely lame, no matter how it is rationalized. I see it pretty regularly in pics from high end dealers as well, in guitars north of 10, 000. For goodness sake, runout is rare on 3 series bargain Larrivees.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

I can't find it - it must have sold. How did I miss this thread? Runout is something I don't worry about, unless there are already signs of instability. I have guitars that are over 90 years old with runout.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
I can't find it - it must have sold. How did I miss this thread? Runout is something I don't worry about, unless there are already signs of instability. I have guitars that are over 90 years old with runout.
At that price it wasn’t going to last long, runout or not. I wish I had taken a screenshot. As I mentioned above, I suspect that the degree of runout on the guitar isn’t as noticeable in person as it was in the main photo—I suspect the lighting exaggerated it. If anything is inexcusable, it’s photogphing a $10k+ guitar in a way that detracts from the value of the guitar (bad lighting, odd angles, etc.).

Someone got an amazing deal.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTguitars View Post
You should know! I agree his guitars are truly inspiring. I have enjoyed your videos of you playing your Halland guitar. Did you receive your latest yet?

I agree with the both of you. lol. I got my first Halland in 2017 and my next starts in a couple months [emoji4]🤤
Old 12-12-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI View Post
I agree with the both of you. lol. I got my first Halland in 2017 and my next starts in a couple months [emoji4]🤤
Can not wait to learn more about your upcoming 2nd Halland! Congrats!
Old 12-14-2023, 01:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTguitars View Post
Can not wait to learn more about your upcoming 2nd Halland! Congrats!

Yaaaaa buddy. I’m thinking a thread will be in order when it gets started…[emoji57]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop