The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Default EHX Stereo Electric Mistress settings

Hi.

Recently got this pedal for my acoustic set-up. I use a small BCB-60 board, so a pedal combining 2 effects is appealing. I'm still experimenting with it, here's what I found so far, all settings are o'clock, from left to right knobs.

My 2 favorite settings so far:

- 9/10, 9, noon: more chorus, with a hammond B3 type sound when OD added

- 1, noon, 9: more flange

Other settings:

- 10, 9 noon
- 11, 12h30, noon
- noon, 9, noon
- 10, 9, 10

Anybody else want to share ?
Boss AD-10 (on trial)
Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 AM

I had that unit in the 70s. It was - and maybe still is - the sweetest, most musical flanger I ever heard. In comparison, other units - including the MXR pedal at the time sounded kinda lumpy, 'modulated' and slightly discordant.

In fact, the vocalist from my band got a deal for a single with Warner Brothers and the demo was done with the EHX EM used on the vocals for effect at one point. When they tried to use studio gear to re-create or even improve on it, they couldn't, so they borrowed mine and it was used for the master and went out on the record to become BBC Radio One's record of the week. For those interested it was 'Into Overload' by Overload. It charted, but in somewhat mysterious circumstances the acetate got broken at the pressing plant, thus slowing the production of repeat pressings and by that time it had dropped out of the charts and failed. It should have been a big hit. But yeah, great flanger.
Yamaha CPX-700/12
Yamaha LS16
Yamaha FG-300
Yamaha FG-580
Vox V2000-DR

+ electric guitars..
Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 AM

Cool story. I looked up the song and I recognize the flanger' sound.

As for the XO Mistress (the one I have), even though it's a digital device, it does sound good on acoustic.
Boss AD-10 (on trial)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification