The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Nice guitar but how about a pic of your very generous girlfriend?
Old 12-21-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFrank View Post
Nice guitar but how about a pic of your very generous girlfriend?
Unfortunately for you, I'm not as generous as she is.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:18 PM

I'm fairly certain he was just joking. I took it in jest, anyway.

Last edited by cigarfan; 12-22-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Remove Rule #1 Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for sharing, spruce. Your story made me smile. I also appreciate that you can recognize a joke and laugh it off with your own quip. Merry Christmas! -Z
Old 12-21-2014, 10:50 PM

You blew it. Poor move. You called her at a moment of weaknes. She bought you a guitar, now you have to buy a ring. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sprucedup. .........Mike
Old 12-21-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-28 View Post
You blew it. Poor move. You called her at a moment of weaknes. She bought you a guitar, now you have to buy a ring. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sprucedup. .........Mike
In this case, we're taking her last name
Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 AM

As a fellow Eastman owner, let me congratulate you on a terrific choice and welcome you to the club. I haven't had a chance yet to try the new 00s (and I really want to) but I have an E8-OM that I truly adore. Every time I pick it up and play I'm left a bit bewildered by the quality/cost relationship. Easily one of the best guitar values out there right now.

Oh, and my wife bought me my E8-OM; makes it all the sweeter, no?
Old 12-22-2014, 06:55 AM

If your 00 sounds as nice as my E20p or E20d your going to love it even more in the coming years. Love the Eastman guitars and told this story a few times now went to the shop to buy a D28 and came home with the E20d, cost didn't come into it. I had never seen an Eastman before that day and played a few D28's even started a NGD thread on the impending purchase !

My best mate who plays guitar beautifully insists the E20p sounds better than my Bourgeois in his hands, I don't but love listening to him play it.

2023 Eastman AC422CE-ae

Katoh DF69s

Old 12-22-2014, 08:26 AM

Wow she is an absolute beauty......... the Eastman is no slouch either

Congrats on your new Eastman! The new E20-00 is on my list to Santa but I'm not sure I have been good enough this year so may have to wait a bit.
Enjoy!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:17 PM

Thumbs up

Congratulations.....I am a guitar collector and I have many high end guitars.. I just bought a Eastman E10 OO hog with Adi top and let me tell you this is one of finest guitars I have ever owned...Sound and Sustain is over the top..
I love this guitar and I cant put it down PERIOD..... They built these guitars with there 20 year old Adi tops... Do you self a favor check these guitars out before they are gone...They only had a limited number of these 20 year old tops and they are using them on these OO's Merry Christmas....
Old 12-22-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmarcracer View Post
Congratulations.....I am a guitar collector and I have many high end guitars.. I just bought a Eastman E10 OO hog with Adi top and let me tell you this is one of finest guitars I have ever owned...Sound and Sustain is over the top..
I love this guitar and I cant put it down PERIOD..... They built these guitars with there 20 year old Adi tops... Do you self a favor check these guitars out before they are gone...They only had a limited number of these 20 year old tops and they are using them on these OO's Merry Christmas....
Yeah, I completely agree with your sentiment. I saw them disappearing from online retailers and was like "holy schmoligans, I need to try one out before they're gone!" The adi top with light bracing provides a tone that is simply amazing. Sustain and resonance like none other I've played. I A/B'd it against my HD-35 and I was shocked at how rich and large the sound was coming out of a much smaller body.

I read somewhere that the owner of Eastman wanted to create a very good replica of his prized vintage 00-28, hence the care taken with these models. You can tell that their creation was a labor of love and passion.

One thing else I wanted to note but forgot to was that the setup out of the box is fantastic. Not sure if this is true with all Eastman models, but it came with good relief and a low action (but not too low if you wanted to adjust it). I have no desire to mess with it for the time being.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucedup View Post
Unfortunately for you, I'm not as generous as she is.
I'd keep her to myself as well, she is clearly very special. Congrats again.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 PM

How is the neck on that guitar? Is it as chunky as the Eastman parlors?

Congrats!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjino View Post
How is the neck on that guitar? Is it as chunky as the Eastman parlors?

Congrats!
It's a pretty beefy neck, probably best described as a "D" shape. I played one of the Eastman parlors for a few minutes and didn't notice a difference in the playability, so my guess it that the necks are about the same.

And thank you!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:17 PM

I'll apologize to andyfrank, the op and everyonelse who saw my post. I was out of line and that wasn't a good moment for me. I was wrong, and it was really a misunderstanding.

Sorry

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
eastman, ngd