The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 01:01 PM

Default Gibson acoustics

Hello! New to the forum. My question is about Gibson acoustics made in Bozeman. I've been shopping around. Am I nuts or is the available inventory for these guitars more limited than usual? I heard from the owner of a local music shop that Covid impacted production this past year. Now I'm a bit nervous about whether quality has been impacted. Anybody hear anything? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2021, 01:05 PM

I doubt quality will be affected due to covid.
But as you say - inventory is low and that goes for many makers today.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:07 PM

Picked up a LG-2 1942 Reissue that is killer! Built just past December in Bozeman. I think they are doing their best work right now and most consistent. I would not hesitate to buy one. Check out Music Villa, just down the street from the Gibson factory.

scott
Old 03-09-2021, 01:34 PM

As a start Bozeman produces only a fraction of the number of instruments Martin and Taylor send out of the door. Like others, Covid shut them down for some six weeks. Unlike Fender which saw their sales jump 17% last year, Gibson apparently did not have distribution centers filled with guitars they could sell directly to the public. As it is the same hands using the same machines and tools to build the guitars and given how long people have had to wait for certain models ordered before the pandemic it seems a sure bet that while they may have sped things up it is not to the extent in will impact build quality.

Last edited by zombywoof; 03-09-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
Picked up a LG-2 1942 Reissue that is killer! Built just past December in Bozeman. I think they are doing their best work right now and most consistent. I would not hesitate to buy one. Check out Music Villa, just down the street from the Gibson factory.

scott
Score!! Best of both worlds!
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-09-2021, 02:23 PM

Stopped by my local guitar shop the other day.
They just got an order of Taylor’s around 40 Taylor guitars.
All of the Martin guitars were sold out and they are waiting for their order of Martins.
Only two Gibson, a J-55 and a L-00 Standard acoustic. No Epiphones all sold out Only one Les Paul Standard. Gibson waiting for order.
Two Fender basses no guitars back ordered
One I Ibanez Bass.
They had a good year in 2020 for guitar sales but cannot get any new guitars.

Went to another local guitar shop they had nothing new in shop. This shop is only open 3 days a week now because of inventory.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
gibson acoustic, quality and availability