The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-01-2022, 05:29 PM

Default Boss VE 500 question

I just plugged in the new (to me) Boss ve 500 processor and I have no INSTRUMENT OUT signal. The Mic works and I can tell the instrument INPUT is working as I can switch it to the tuner and I show an incoming signal, but I cannot get the instrument to go thru the Boss unit to the PA system. I understand that I plug the guitar into the unit and then a cord from the THRU jack to the PA. I was wondering if there might be a setting the I have missed. Any clues?
I have a call into the seller, but it’s seems to be taking awhile…..
Old 08-02-2022, 09:42 AM

It seems to me that you're right, but..... Is the guitar signal coming out through the XLRs?

Take a look at page 16 of the manual and see if there's an output setting you need to change: https://static.roland.com/assets/med...00_eng02_W.pdf
Old 08-02-2022, 02:51 PM

On the PA, are you plugging into an 'instrument' level jack with the cord from the VE-500? Maybe a quick check to try is plug the guitar directly into the PA jack you're feeding the VE-500 into to ensure it's input is working as you expect. The output from a 'THRU' jack usually doesn't give gain and is at the output level of the instrument.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the answers…..
The mixer is fine, but I also tried my other mixer with no change. Did a reset on the boss unit, changed cables (I have a lot of stuff!), settings. Went direct from guitar to mixer. If I cannot find an issue then I will ship it back. I have waited for tech support for two days and not feeling overly forgiving…..I hope this is not indicative of their usual support.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:44 AM

I know that EVERYBODY on this forum was concerned about my issue. But it is now ( I hope) resolved. A replacement unit was sent out from Sweetwater. Once they called me back they resolved the issue bu sending out a new unit.
I assume they have been really busy, but dealt with my issue in a good way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification