The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-23-2019, 11:54 AM

Default LR Baggs Anthem in a Martin OM28V?

Just checking to see if any of you have an Anthem in your OM28v guitar? I've have heard somewhere that this guitar might not be able to accommodate this system. If it does work, did the pickup affect the acoustic sound in any way? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 PM

Anyone do this with their OM28v?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:32 PM

Installed a Lyric in my OM-28 and luv it !! If that helps

Mrbirdog
Old 03-16-2019, 06:23 AM

A few weeks ago I attended a friends gig where he playe a Larrivee OM with the Anthem SL. Very nice. Great sound.
On the other hand I just took out the Anthem SL of my cheap Martin 000-1 because I didn't like it at all in this guitar.
Replaced it 2 hours ago with a Schatten HFN - a 5 minute job - and I am totally happy. What a great pickup - again, in this guitar.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaneallen View Post
Just checking to see if any of you have an Anthem in your OM28v guitar? I've have heard somewhere that this guitar might not be able to accommodate this system. If it does work, did the pickup affect the acoustic sound in any way? Thanks.
I used to have the Anthem in 2 guitars, not an OM28v though. I have since removed them as they do impact the acoustic sound at least in my 2 guitars. One was the SL the other is the full anthem.

I'm with Peter Z, a couple months ago I discovered the Schatten HFN and that is now my go to pickup. The Anthem deserves some credit for what it is, it just wasn't for me. I also found it very annoying to EQ and get it to sound good, that tru-mic is very harsh sounding.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

There's an Anthem SL system in my Waterloo WL14XT guitar. It sounds lovely through an acoustic amp and even better through a PA.

My Anthem SL needs very little eq. For what it's worth I like using it with the LR Baggs Session DI pedal to add gain and some subtle compression and saturation. Just a wee bit.

The Anthem has not hurt the acoustic sound of my guitar. I had it professionally installed by a very skilled and experience guitar tech. No problems.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:12 AM

Still looking to see if anyone has put one of these in their OM28v.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:00 AM

I had one in an OM28v - if your guitar has rounded saddle ends rather than square then it's a long drop in saddle and the undersaddle element will fit just fine.

I had the Anthem SL in for about three years, did many, many gigs with it and always got compliments on the sound.

I recently changed to the K&K Pure Mini - not because of any issue with the Anthem (although I do feel that perhaps the unplugged tone improved when the undersaddle was removed) but because I have other guitars with the K&K fitted and I wanted/needed to be able to change between guitars easily and quickly onstage without a drastic change in tone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification