The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Default What to do?

So I am a player just home just me on my own, no friends just me , you get the feeling , ( not that lonely honest ), but I would like to amplify my guitar , maybe something to loop to create backing, I am a beginner 2 years in ,I hate the under saddle pick up sound, only what I have heard on YT . I am thinking a sound hole pick up and a looper thingy to go with it , what should I be looking at guys? Any thought would be delightfully appreciated nothing to expensive though on a budget something for the conservatory at weekends , that sounds posh , but you should see it it falling down man.. cheers guys
Old 05-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, basic soundhole pickup, expensive and easy to install. For an amp the little Roland AC 33 has a built in looper though you'd need to get a pedal for it. You could find them used on the cheap and be good to go. More than enough for playing in your home or small outside places. Battery powered too.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain View Post
So I am a player just home just me on my own, no friends just me , you get the feeling , ( not that lonely honest ), but I would like to amplify my guitar , maybe something to loop to create backing, I am a beginner 2 years in ,I hate the under saddle pick up sound, only what I have heard on YT . I am thinking a sound hole pick up and a looper thingy to go with it , what should I be looking at guys? Any thought would be delightfully appreciated nothing to expensive though on a budget something for the conservatory at weekends , that sounds posh , but you should see it it falling down man.. cheers guys
If you want to amplify you need an amp and something to feed it with.

I'd HIGHLY recommend a K&K Pure Mini for a pickup, and couple it to a decent amp. I have a few different amps and if you can put out the extra cash you should check out a Roland Cube Street. Two channels for guitar and vocal mic and really sweet stereo chorus and reverb built in.

After that, get yourself a looper. I suggest a Electro-harmonix 720, it's inexpensive and has the right stuff for basic looping; 2 button control, 10 loop storage, 12 minutes loop time, and a few advanced features such as loop fade-out on stop that really make looping more enjoyable.

My own practice rig adds a bass amp and bass which plugs into the looper and stays there for adding a bass line, something I really like to do.

You can see my practice rig in this looping topic:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=544777
Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 PM

Self-adhesive Pickups Piezo Transducer with 6PCS Celluloid Guitar Picks, 3 in 1 Microphone Contact & Endpin Jack 1/4" for Electronic Acoustic Guitar Violin Ukulele https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZH1FNX..._fhJ0CbFF77AB8

Rowin Tiny Looper Electric Guitar Effect Pedal 10 Minutes of Looping Unlimited Overdubs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J2TKNIS..._ajJ0CbXPTHWNP

Acoustic Guitar Amplifer,SUNYIN 10 Watt protable Amp for Guitar,Electric Guitar and Bass (Electric guitar amp) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXGPTVR..._2kJ0CbW4FS54Y

That's all bottom barrel budget.

For a few dollars more, maybe try the Seymour Duncan woody soundhole pickup, a Boss RC1, and if you need an amp too, there are thousands of ways to go that route.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:15 AM

Thanks for all your suggestion guys rather obvious I've seen some on YT but I needed your recommendation , I’ll check them out thanks again
Old 05-08-2019, 10:10 AM

LR Baggs Lyric sound pretty decent from what I've heard

the removable sound hole pickups are good in a pinch but IME they tend to get in the way of the picking hand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification