The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

This guitar continues to amaze me.....

@Tom and Woody--won't be too much longer for you guys. I'm excited for you!

@Mike--it would be fun to compare and contrast our 2 Stehrs. Maybe a road trip is in one of our futures? Any chance you'll make it to Santa Barbara next year?
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 11-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Default One-month update!

So after having this guitar in my possession for a month or so now, I feel compelled to comment a bit further regarding it. This is the first commissioned guitar for me, so I have never had the experience of hearing a guitar goes through its changes during the initial months or even year of existence.

I've been playing this BRW almost exclusively since I picked it up from Joel, and it is truly an amazing thing how it has come alive. It has become even lusher and fuller which I didn't believe possible since it came out of the gate so well to begin with! It is a tonal cannon without being overbearing or harsh and handles all registers equally well. As Mike has said before regarding his Stehr, it is really like church bells ringing out with incredible sustain.

Just wanted to share--this has been an amazing experience for me. I know this guitar will be with me for a long time to come...

Thanks so much to Joel Stehr and the AGF for introducing me to his work as well as that of all the other amazing luthiers on the forum.

I'm hoping to get an adequate recording set-up within the next month and hope to post some soundclips shortly thereafter (if you all can tolerate my mediocre playing!)

Thanks for checking in.....
Old 11-06-2015, 01:22 PM

That is a great report and it is so cool how you can hear the changes like that. So many other things in life get worse with age, almost everything really with the exception of wine and guitars off the top of my head. How cool that we can buy something that IMPROVES with time!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Trying Hard Not to Stehr

It's easy to understand why you have trouble putting your new Stehrs guitar down. This guitar is just off the charts in my book! The design elements that you and Joel selected work so well together. I look forward to your 1 year update report on the sound. If your experience follows my own with Joel's guitars, you will be very pleased with the passage of time as the sound of your guitar reaches full bloom. Congratulations!
Old 11-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Woohoo!! Yup, that's what happens! It'll rumble against your chest and make heads turn in a crowded room. Really glad you're enjoying. Hoping to hear some clips.

I'm actually bringing mine out to an open mic tonight. We'll see how the Baggs Lyric performs. And we'll see how I perform, too! The organizer records it, and the last time we played, the balance between vocals and instruments was somewhat challenging. Hoping they've got it worked out a little better this time. They engineer for live listeners more than the streaming site, but if all goes well, I'll post up a link.

Meanwhile, we'll wait for the 3-month report next!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 11-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations Nemoman! Your guitar turned out really, really nice. I really like the rays of orange coming from the bevels and the super cool back. There's just something about those Stehr guitars.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
Congratulations Nemoman! Your guitar turned out really, really nice. I really like the rays of orange coming from the bevels and the super cool back. There's just something about those Stehr guitars.
Thanks, Nootis!

You would know about those Stehr guitars judging by a look at your sig!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop