The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM

You said nothing about this post. This may not be the place to vent about how you dislike this style.

http://www.facebook.com/Abaybropage
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zBWgdgDnDI

The link is for you chistoso , i'm a very bad guy
Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaybro View Post
You said nothing about this post. This may not be the place to vent about how you dislike this style.
so , if he doesn't like the style why not ,; but affirm use the percussive is for you can"t pass a chords change is very bad.

Fortunately, there are people who innovate with guitars (techniques / innovations on the instruments etc ) and help us to grow and to excel if is possible

Open your spirit
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chistoso View Post
Everything chistoso has said in this thread
Everyone has their opinion...and in mine....you're dead wrong.

Woodye, great sounding playing. I'm with the others, however, the pad doesn't seem to add much sonically you can't already achieve without it.

http://www.facebook.com/tylerhansenmusic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hansentj
Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Notice, please, that in my original post, I did not call attention to any particular guitarist, only a style of non-musical guitar playing that would receive Salieri’s blessing for its mediocrity.
And because I can't let it go...you probably shouldn't base your opinion of Salieri upon the movie Amadeus. He was brilliant and far from mediocre.

http://www.facebook.com/tylerhansenmusic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hansentj
Old 07-02-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaybro View Post
The first sentence of my first post is exactly about this thread. Your inability to realize that disqualifies you from your self-appointment as moderator of the thread and adjudicator of boding.

Ruddy,

The title of your thread includes “Your feedbacks?”

I’ve given you mine, beginning with the first sentence of my first post.

When you began this thread, and since, I’ve LISTENED TO a number of your videos (not all 102). What you play on the strings of your guitars is interesting and enjoyable. Once you start pounding on the body of the guitar, I no longer consider it musical and do not find it enjoyable.

I’ve tried to make clear that I’m considering music as a listener, thus my comment that “drumming on their guitars might LOOK cool to a live audience, in the recording studio it ends up sounding like an old LP (remember those?) that has a bad scratch.” So your videos look cool, and they sound fine while your playing your guitar strings.

I haven’t insisted that anyone agree with me.

I would expect others in this discussion not to insist that I agree with them.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Hi,

Not a bad idea but as you have mentioned I think the percussive sound could be better. Any insight into the design? Is the board itself mic'd up?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
The first sentence of my first post is exactly about this thread. Your inability to realize that disqualifies you from your self-appointment as moderator of the thread and adjudicator of boding.

Ruddy,

The title of your thread includes “Your feedbacks?”

I’ve given you mine, beginning with the first sentence of my first post.

When you began this thread, and since, I’ve LISTENED TO a number of your videos (not all 102). What you play on the strings of your guitars is interesting and enjoyable. Once you start pounding on the body of the guitar, I no longer consider it musical and do not find it enjoyable.

I’ve tried to make clear that I’m considering music as a listener, thus my comment that “drumming on their guitars might LOOK cool to a live audience, in the recording studio it ends up sounding like an old LP (remember those?) that has a bad scratch.” So your videos look cool, and they sound fine while your playing your guitar strings.

I haven’t insisted that anyone agree with me.

I would expect others in this discussion not to insist that I agree with them.
Your first comment of the thread was about the STYLE he was playing. The OP didn't ask if we like the style, but for comments about the percussive attachment.

It's a mistake to say that ALL people who play this style are covering up a lack of musicality or technique. For sure some are, but many have put in their dues as much as any "straight" guitar player.

So, do you think that anyone who plays a percussion instrument is lacking in musicality? Are all drummers unmusical?

If the answer is no, then your generalised statements of how all of the proponents of this style are lacking musicality is evidently ridiculous. It's fine to have an opinion... I'm not a fan of Jazz-fusion, but I don't run around calling it unmusical just because I don't like it! Especially not with the thinly veiled arrogance in which you've done here.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Your first comment of the thread was about the STYLE he was playing. The OP didn't ask if we like the style, but for comments about the percussive attachment.

It's a mistake to say that ALL people who play this style are covering up a lack of musicality or technique. For sure some are, but many have put in their dues as much as any "straight" guitar player.

So, do you think that anyone who plays a percussion instrument is lacking in musicality? Are all drummers unmusical?

If the answer is no, then your generalised statements of how all of the proponents of this style are lacking musicality is evidently ridiculous. It's fine to have an opinion... I'm not a fan of Jazz-fusion, but I don't run around calling it unmusical just because I don't like it! Especially not with the thinly veiled arrogance in which you've done here.
Exactly. I do wanna hear hambone tho.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Guitarists should play music on the strings of their guitars.

I they want to join the notorious guitar spankers who can’t get over the fact that they used to be drummers or that they always wanted to be drummers, they should recognize that while drumming on their guitars might LOOK cool to a live audience, in the recording studio it ends up sounding like an old LP (remember those?) that has a bad scratch.

Listen carefully to the guitar spankers or watch their videos closely; you may decide that they are pounding on their guitars because they are unable to play the next chord transition smoothly on the guitar strings or because they are unable to maintain a tight strumming rhythm on the guitar strings.

In some cases the guitar spankers may be wannabe flamenco guitarists who simply lack the necessary skills for playing flamenco.

Looking for natural sounding percussion? Play a natural percussion instrument.
I'm not sure what to say. Content and musicality is always the issue. I find your statement short sighted, but honestly, that's what i like about this forum. People can say freely what they think.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM

I don't like the percussion pad. I think it's gimmicky at best.

That being said, negative comments about an entire style of playing (which I personally don't fancy either) shows ignorance more than anything else.

True musicians don't spit on other musicians because they don't like their style or their skills.

And while such bitter guys spend time writing anonymous posts on the AGF, guys like Andy McKee tour with the greatest musicians in the world in the greatest venues in the world.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 AM

The forum is a great place for expressing a variety of opinions. Unfortunately, some posters are so eager to disagree with an opinion that they don’t read carefully the opinion with which they wish to disagree, while others willfully misinterpret the opinion in order to disagree with their misinterpretation of it.

Case in point: The OP asked for feedback about a “drum percussion pad on acoustic guitar.” My response, “Guitarists should play music on the strings of their guitars,” is direct feedback, in effect, forget about putting a drum percussion pad on an acoustic guitar. But some of you insist on misinterpreting for your own reasons, maybe because you don’t like my opinion.

Case in point: some of you have jumped on my saying “you may decide that they are pounding on their guitars because they are unable to play the next chord transition smoothly on the guitar strings or because they are unable to maintain a tight strumming rhythm on the guitar strings,” and “In some cases the guitar spankers may be wannabe flamenco guitarists who simply lack the necessary skills for playing flamenco,” as specific criticism of specific guitarists,” ignoring the fact that what I’ve been very careful to say is only “you may decide . . . .” and “In some cases . . . .” and I have not criticized any specific guitarists, nor have I said that

Quote:
ALL people who play this style are covering up a lack of musicality or technique.
Still some of you insist on misinterpreting what I have said for your own reasons, maybe because you don’t like my opinion.

Unfortunately, some posters who disagree with an opinion attack the poster of the opinion rather that just disagreeing with the opinion.

Case in point: My posts have specifically concerned a style of playing guitar. However, in my first post I did suggest “Looking for natural sounding percussion? Play a natural percussion instrument.” How did that inspire this?

Quote:

Best to veil arrogance thickly.

Case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
negative comments about an entire style of playing (which I personally don't fancy either) shows ignorance more than anything else.

True musicians don't spit on other musicians because they don't like their style or their skills.

And while such bitter guys spend time writing anonymous posts on the AGF, guys like Andy McKee tour with the greatest musicians in the world in the greatest venues in the world.
So because you don’t like my opinion, I’m ignorant, I spit on other musicians (recall that I have never named a specific musician; only you and others posting here have chosen to do so), and I am a bitter guy: attacks on me, not disagreement with my opinion.

However, I like to believe that most forum members, whether they post or not, follow this good example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fambroski View Post
I'm not sure what to say. Content and musicality is always the issue. I find your statement short sighted, but honestly, that's what i like about this forum. People can say freely what they think.
That’s why I’ve felt free to express my opinion.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 AM

You're obviously a well spoken intelligent person. I can't imagine you weren't aware that nobody would agree with or appreciate your comments, or your lack of effort to be constructive in any way.

I'm sure you think telling people to give this style up is constructive, given how much you dislike it? I've put up percussive songs, got some honest responses, they even mentioned not loving the style. They also mentioned what I (me specifiacally) could be doing better, not including giving up ...this should be the nature of this site. Honest and encouraging. You've been honest...you've not tried to be agreeable or encouraging in any way. If this is a style you just don't like, why visit these threads, as someone asked earlier?

I suggest starting a different thread, asking opinions on the style. The people who agree with you havn't visited this thread, so...try to find them and talk all day I say. You have a right to be as opinionated as you've been here. But you knew this was how the "spankers" on this thread would feel about your opinion, you got the expected reaction. I can't believe you're trying to act surprised. As for insults, I've tried to avoid them, but it seems you got back what you put out.

Last edited by Abaybro; 07-05-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:15 AM

my friends i'm french , i think i understood your messages but is too hard for me repsond you

But right the thread was create for the product , and is no necessary to say :" i don't like this style , you're stupid and the guy who create the system also "

My job since this year is professionnal guitarist , i'm not the best for sure , but i try to improve all the days to be recognized and share my music with my heart

Also , i'm looking for ideas to innovate

Thank you for yours feedbacks you was very cool to respond me , thank you !

And it's possible to purchase the product for electric very soon , and for acoustic , i will try the second version with improvements , with your help, i could be ready to give feedbacks to made a final product :-)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Guitarists should play music on the strings of their guitars.

I they want to join the notorious guitar spankers who can’t get over the fact that they used to be drummers or that they always wanted to be drummers, they should recognize that while drumming on their guitars might LOOK cool to a live audience, in the recording studio it ends up sounding like an old LP (remember those?) that has a bad scratch.

Listen carefully to the guitar spankers or watch their videos closely; you may decide that they are pounding on their guitars because they are unable to play the next chord transition smoothly on the guitar strings or because they are unable to maintain a tight strumming rhythm on the guitar strings.

In some cases the guitar spankers may be wannabe flamenco guitarists who simply lack the necessary skills for playing flamenco.

Looking for natural sounding percussion? Play a natural percussion instrument.
Posts like this really make me upset.

Do whatever you want with the guitar. There are no rules! Thats what makes it so enjoyable! It's art.

Play the guitar with a bow. Beat the hell out of it. Take off all the strings and use it exclusively as a drum. Don't listen to others telling you what is 'correct'. Do what you want! HAVE FUN.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
drum, fingerstlyle, percussive techniques