The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-06-2020, 10:51 PM

Default Doff Guitars anyone?

Hi Guys
Just discovered this Russian company recently, I checked out their website which looks impressive and very professional, they also sell on Ebay and have a few video's on Youtube. The Guitars look and sound very nice, but the amazing thing is they are ALL made with solid woods at a very low price!
Has anyone brought one of these before as I'm very tempted and would love to find out more?
Thanks.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:30 PM

Bare bones, but cleanly made. Inexpensive enough that I bought two steel 7-strings to judge the quality, one a full body, the other a Venetian cutaway. The cutaway I passed along, didn't have as great of a sound as the full body - clean, full. Doff shipped fast and had good packaging.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:38 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
The fact that they only make all solid Guitars really caught me eye!
I mean, most 500 plus Guitars that are 'decent' can have laminate backs.
The one I'm looking into is the Classical 011C Six string, VERY tempted, its 200! My all solid wood La Patrie was Four times that price.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:49 AM

I found that the tuners are no more than adequate. I wanted to upgrade them, but the string shafts are longer (quite a gap in the open headstocks) than what I was able to find online. I don't know if that is the case with the classical. Overall, I think Doff knows their business.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:13 AM

Funny you should mention the Tuners, a Guy who has tested a few of the models said exactly the same as you, in fact, this was his main criticism.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical