The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-13-2021, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Einstein's Violin - acoustic "family thing"

This is a cover of a local singer songwriter, Ken Gaines. Originally planned to be something slightly different, but that sort of ran off the rails. I did have our son enlisted again to play violin, and he even learned a bit of mando for this, and then roped in the wife for some harmony.

Interesting song about time travel, or wishing for it, perhaps. I guess a lot of us will feel like we just did an hour of that in a day or so .

Guitar was recorded using mid-side, if anyone is interested, and our son did the violin and mando in his NYC apartment with a USB mic!
Old 03-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Keith, that was exceptional! Thank you! Wonderful job in all parts...your son's tone on violin is fantastic!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 03-13-2021, 09:46 AM

Lovely stuff and a nice mix too 👍
Old 03-13-2021, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Keith, that was exceptional! Thank you! Wonderful job in all parts...your son's tone on violin is fantastic!
Thanks for the listen and nice comments! Yes, he can still coax a pretty good sound out of that old fiddle, even though he admits he doesn't pick it up that often. (Most of his playing prior to the shutdown was with friends or the occasional community orchestra/ensemble. I've been able to coax him to playing along with the old man a couple times and he seems to think that's Ok!)
Old 03-13-2021, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liarspoker View Post
Lovely stuff and a nice mix too 👍
Thank you!

I usually get ahead of myself and post things I regret, and there are a couple fills here and there that might get dropped in if I or our son gets motivated, but I confess it's a pretty slavish attempt at copying the excellent original, so that helped guide my hand quite a bit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
bourgeois, cover, ken gaines, mid-side