The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Searching for Simon & Patrick vintage Rosewood

Hello! New to the AGF.

My father in law had a Simon & Patrick vintage rosewood guitar, with spruce top and rosewood back and sides - might have been as early as 1980s. He has since passed, but I have the pleasure of playing it when I go to my wife's family home. I'd love to have one for myself.

Does anyone know anything about these vintage S&P guitars? It plays beautifully; depth of a Martin, brightness of a Taylor, and playability of an electric.

Fellow S&P enthusiasts out there... curious if you found the same enjoyment out of these old S&P guitars...

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-12-2018 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 09-12-2018, 02:47 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Hello and welcome to the AGF! Simon and Patrick is one of the brands from Godin guitars in Canada. Other brands from the same company include Seagull, La Patrie, Art and Lutherie, Norman, etc. I used to have one of these guitars a long time ago and I remember it was very good...
http://www.simonandpatrick.com/

They sometimes come up for sale in the classifieds here and there are a few currently on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...trick&_sacat=0

Good luck!
JR
Old 09-12-2018, 04:34 PM

I have an 80's Simon&Patrick Woodland that I bought for my daughter. It is a great little guitar with rosewood B&S, aged Sitka top, and very good playability and tone. As it turns out, she prefers a smaller and later Seagull so I have the S&P. I am not complaining.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
1980's, rosewood guitar, simon & patrick, vintage acoustic, wanted