The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-18-2021, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Default Rainsong Smokey SMH

I am thinking about selling my Rainsong Smokey SMH because I'm no longer playing as my hands are not working like they should. So I did a search on what they might be selling for at this time and found a used one at Guitar Center online and thought the price is a little high seeing that they sold for 1499.00 new. What do you think would be a fair price. My smokey is in really good condition. Here is a link to the one at Guitar Center so you can see the price they are selling one for https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ra...SABEgLaJPD_BwE
Old 11-18-2021, 11:26 AM

There is a reason that Smokey has been on GC’s site for months. To contrast, a shop very close to where I live recently had one listed for $1299 and it sold quickly. I would say one in good condition should go for around that price
Old 11-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
There is a reason that Smokey has been on GC’s site for months. To contrast, a shop very close to where I live recently had one listed for $1299 and it sold quickly. I would say one in good condition should go for around that price
I was thinking about the same thing as you somewhere around $1300 to $1350 seeing that they are hard to find these days. I emailed Guitar Center about the price but they never responded. Their buyer for the store must have bought it thinking it was a different model.

Thanks for the input
Old 11-18-2021, 04:02 PM

This is tricky,

Since they discontinued the Smokey and the CH series, used values have gone up, since the only available new Rainsongs are up there in price.

Plus inflation is pushing everything up.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 11-18-2021, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
This is tricky,

Since they discontinued the Smokey and the CH series, used values have gone up, since the only available new Rainsongs are up there in price.

Plus inflation is pushing everything up.
Funny how that works out... the Smokey and CH series drove down the price when I sold the Shorty SG-FLE I had a few years ago. Now, those lesser expensive models are increasing in price. And the beat goes on.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, at current prices and interest, I would think the Smokey would be an easy sell. They were really nice guitars once the black strings were replaced from what I remember. GLWS !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber