The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-18-2021, 02:25 PM

Default NGD?

It’s the worst when a guitar shaped box shows up at your house and your wife knows what’s in it and won’t let you open it until Christmas.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:29 PM

Oh No!!! lol. Do you know what it is or is it a surprise?

Someone needs to open it to make sure everything is ok with it and to ensure the return period is still available.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterk View Post
It’s the worst when a guitar shaped box shows up at your house and your wife knows what’s in it and won’t let you open it until Christmas.
Fortunately that's never an issue at our house: we both play, we buy 'em when/where we buy 'em, and if it's a mail-order purchase we go over each others' instruments with a fine-tooth comb while the return period is still in effect - doesn't always make for a formal "Merry Christmas" presentation, but far more practical for us in the grand scheme...
Old 11-18-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Oh No!!! lol. Do you know what it is or is it a surprise?

Someone needs to open it to make sure everything is ok with it and to ensure the return period is still available.

I agree 100%!
Old 11-18-2021, 06:44 PM

Well I had sent her a link to a PRS 594 Semihollow but she claims she didn’t order it time. Hmm…

I gave her the info for my guitar tech to check it out if she wants to torture me.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:56 PM

In the past I told my wife the guitars wood had to acclimate, breathe. It couldn’t do that in the box. She let me remove it from the shipping box but I couldn’t take it out of the guitar box.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterk View Post
Well I had sent her a link to a PRS 594 Semihollow but she claims she didn’t order it time. Hmm…

I gave her the info for my guitar tech to check it out if she wants to torture me.
Let us know if she takes it for someone to check out (that's a big recommendation)... and the anticipation grows on what your new guitar is.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars