The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-31-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
Here's one I built with a pair of D'Armond Dynasonic pickups, a boatneck profile 1.75" nut width Warmoth neck with 6100SS fret wire, a Schaller 3D bridge, and a Guitar Fetish body. Clearly I started with a blank Strat pickguard.

Her name is Shelley, by the way.

Regards,
Howard Emerson
Unusual? Yes. Beautiful? Yes. Put those two together and that's just a stunning build.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 11-01-2021, 04:26 PM

This one is in bound. I was going to wait to next year sometime, but decided to go for it when I saw one with the "right weight" for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg US210077096-front-xlarge (2).jpg (19.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 11-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyGuitar View Post
This one is in bound. I was going to wait to next year sometime, but decided to go for it when I saw one with the "right weight" for me.
Hey, I know that guitar! It's a beauty! Congrats on the purchase. I think you will really like it!
Old 11-07-2021, 05:34 AM

This was my first electric guitar. They retail for $189. I got it for $135. Upgraded tuners, jack plate, nut and saddles to Tusq, pickguard, knobs; pickups: neck to Seymour Duncan [bridge] hotrail, middle to Demarzio, bridge to Bill Lawrence XL500. Super versatile guitar.

Yamaha Pacifica 012. Sorry if it's not really a Stat.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:54 AM

Sweet guitar! I put Hotrails (neck and bridge) in one of my Strats to mimic Dave Murray's 90s strats. The neck does have a great, warm tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
This was my first electric guitar. They retail for $189. I got it for $135. Upgraded tuners, jack plate, nut and saddles to Tusq, pickguard, knobs; pickups: neck to Seymour Duncan [bridge] hotrail, middle to Demarzio, bridge to Bill Lawrence XL500. Super versatile guitar.

Yamaha Pacifica 012. Sorry if it's not really a Stat.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:36 PM

When I was starting out on guitar 20 years ago, there were two guitars that I felt were so boring and vanilla that I'd never really want to own one, with one of those guitars being the venerable Fender Stratocaster.

I don't know if it's the little Mini Strats I've gotten for a couple of my kids in recent years that have changed my mind or what, but I definitely have a huge guitar crush on the Stratocaster these days and I feel like it's probably just a matter of time before I give in.

Funnily enough, it's the humble Player series Strats that are looking most appealing to me right now, with my thoughts around vanilla coming full circle — kinda leaning towards going with the white!

We'll see what happens.

Oh, that other guitar I thought I'd never want? A Martin — specifically one of their classic dreadnoughts. Well, I've owned and enjoyed a D-18 for three years now, so...
Old 11-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Just acquired this Fender Squire Strat Pro Tone made in Korea. It's a 97 and I cannot believe how excellent this guitar is. It is simply amazing. Unplugged, you can tell the guitar was built and put together well. Can't put it down.....

Pro Tone Strat Red.jpg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars