The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-30-2002, 09:55 PM

Question walnut or rosewood

Looking for advice on the advantages of walnut over rosewood and vice versa. Saw a gorgeous walnut series in the local shop. Never really occurred to me before to buy a walnut guitar. I had always wanted to get a 800 series, until I heard this guitar. Any thoughts, opinions, on the relative advantages of these two series? Is this just infatuation or true love?
Old 03-30-2002, 11:30 PM
jclif1995

i suggest you A/B them....get a walnut and a rosewood and get off in a audition room with a buddy that plays....you play them both, same licks, etc....then let your buddy play them.....it might take you some time to decide but that's ok.....i've played a walnut and have owned a mahogany but i'm a rosewood man....and believe it or not, i prefer indian over brazillian....i think it is just finding that special guitar....
Old 03-31-2002, 06:23 AM

Rosewood by a mile for me. The walnut just doesnt do any thing for me but it is nice looking. Tone is subjective so take my opinion with a grain of salt. JW
Old 04-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Guitar Gourmet

It is subjective, so here's my subjective opinion: I haven't heard a Walnut Taylor which floated my boat. Breedlove makes some nice Walnut dreads, though.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification