The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
... Alistair sent the teenie tiny chip of with photos of the guitar. I ordered some type of adapter off of amazon that is supposed to be for enabling the teenie tiny chip to plug into a usb port. It even had a picture of the adapter with a teenie tiny chip that looked just like the teenie tiny chip that Alistair sent. I received the adapter and there is no way that the teenie tiny chip will plug in anywhere with the adapter. The adapter doesn't even look like the photo. ...
What Emerald sends with photos doesn't need an adaptor. There is that plastic card about the size of a credit card with a chip that twists around. That chip plugs directly into the USB port.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:12 PM

Cecil, the chip portion of the flash card they send plugs in just fine to any standard USB port. I've done it on several different computers with 100% success. Maybe you are getting the contacts in upside down? Because the card does not have the full USB shroud, that could happen.

I just tested mine, and the copper contacts have to go up.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

Here is an image of Cecil (Tom's) cocobolo beauty...

Gorgeous!

Old 08-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Thank you, Jim, for posting the photo of my new nylon string X10.

Thank you, Jim, and Earl49, for the heads up about the chip. Prior to reading your post, I had been removing the chip from the card and trying to insert it into the USB port, which is why I could not get it to fit into the USB port.

So now that I got the chip into the USB port, I open the files, and it is full of photos of someone else's blue Amicus. Not a single photo of my X10.

Last edited by ceciltguitar; 08-25-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

As you can see, I'm kinda slow. I've been telling Alistair that I should order a custom nylon string 6 string Amicus. He probably intentionally sent the Amicus photos to whet my appetite and get me to hurry up and order the Amicus.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 PM

Default Lv2,3 option available on X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Hey, Mark. Now that the X7 is larger, it would be only one change (for the X20 size neck), which would get you pretty darn close to the X10 size.

I think we have gotten used to the fact that Emerald will make individual changes that the other CF makers can't or won't do (yes, I know you can get the NS or N2 neck on various RainSongs).

I am excited to hear what the X10 can do with the pickup options. And, for a guy with a previous generation X7 and an X20, it really is the in-between size. No options for the level two pickups on the X7 or X20 (that I'm aware of), so the X10 ticks off a lot of "I like that" for me.
Capt,
Kevin from Emerald told me X10 pickups are also available for X7 though seemed priced higher. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:30 PM

I think I'm going to change my x30 order into an x10 level 2... Bah, more delay...
Old 08-27-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
I think I'm going to change my x30 order into an x10 level 2... Bah, more delay...
... in the Emerald control room "Target acquired, sir!"
Old 08-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Guest 928

What's a little time when you get to order exactly what you want? Hang in there, there is life after order. And when it gets to you, it will be the only one of its kind in the whole universe. Your screen door will stop squeaking, your loved one will serve your every wish, and our audience will shower you with coin and undergarments. Lucky person!
Old 08-27-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
Wha?? Wait?? Not getting both?? Geeessshhhh.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

LOL...looks like once you order your Emerald, you shouldn't be allowed back on the Forum until after you have received it.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
LOL...looks like once you order your Emerald, you shouldn't be allowed back on the Forum until after you have received it.
Well, that would put an abrupt end to all those "waiting" threads!
Old 09-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Now that I have played my new X-10 a fair amount both standing up and sitting down for a month or so:

Every surface of the new X-10 is thoughtfully and ingeniously shaped and contoured for maximum ergonomic alignment and interaction with the human body!

- The lower side of the guitar, the side that rests on the guitarist's leg when playing while sitting down, is slightly angled for maximum comfort, positioning and stability.

- The scooped out area of the upper bout behind the neck allows maximum easy access to all 24 frets.

- Access to all 24 frets is further enhanced by both the cutaway AND the extra beveled contour that is seamlessly integrated into the upper bout of the the guitar where the left hand reaches for those high frets.

- The lower bout bevel for right forearm comfort that Alistair pioneered with the X-20 re-design a few years ago graces the new X-10.

- The sound hole is perfectly shaped and situated for best player listening and for accessibility to inner electronics.

- Smooth neck and fretboard with stainless steel frets.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Now that I have played my new X-10 a fair amount both standing up and sitting down for a month or so:

Every surface of the new X-10 is thoughtfully and ingeniously shaped and contoured for maximum ergonomic alignment and interaction with the human body!

- The lower side of the guitar, the side that rests on the guitarist's leg when playing while sitting down, is slightly angled for maximum comfort, positioning and stability.

- The scooped out area of the upper bout behind the neck allows maximum easy access to all 24 frets.

- Access to all 24 frets is further enhanced by both the cutaway AND the extra beveled contour that is seamlessly integrated into the upper bout of the the guitar where the left hand reaches for those high frets.

- The lower bout bevel for right forearm comfort that Alistair pioneered with the X-20 re-design a few years ago graces the new X-10.

- The sound hole is perfectly shaped and situated for best player listening and for accessibility to inner electronics.

- Smooth neck and fretboard with stainless steel frets.
Nice, thoughtful review.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
One of those black ones is without pickups (level 0). That may at least partially defeat the purpose that Emerald intended with this new model.

I would have to spend some quality time with the 1-11/16" neck, meaning more than just a five minute test play. Normally 1-11/16" bothers my hand after a short while, at least on Martin guitars. But I've also learned that more than just the nut width is involved. Comfort is a complex mix of nut width, fret board radius, neck shape, fret board edges, and setup. Actual play time is the only real test.
I agree to some extent, but there is the point that it is basically an x7 with a full scale (minus the Ghost vs LR Baggs pickup difference).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber