The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-01-2002, 08:38 PM

Cool 315CE

I'm looking to get a GREAT guitar. I've played most of the standard models (3xx,4xx,8xx). But I did not get to try a 315CE. The new model has a cutaway and looks to be a very good value. Can someone give a review of the 315CE?

Also, if someone has an opinion on a good place to on-line shop for Taylors (or somewhere in MPLS, other than Mars and Guitar Center), let me know.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:35 AM

Default Me either...

I can't find a 415 to try or a 315. I've called just about every dealer in and out of town.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:49 AM

I will say that I did play a 315ce here in SC and really liked it. I imagine it would be about what you'd get with a 314 if you were to put medium strings on it, just a little deeper. A little more of a round sound than the 310.

I really liked it a lot. I kept coming back to it because it was set up with really low action and I fingerpick. The next time I went in it was buzzing. The hygrometer on the wall said 24%....

But I did like the guitar and would consider buying one if I didn't do so much fingerstyle.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification