The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 PM

Default CAD e70 Stereo Bundle Acoustic guita tracks

As usual a disclaimer. I just started playing the Acoustic Guitar again at the first of the year. Mainly Electrics but even then at least a good half of last year hardly touched them as I was making a lot of noise with Analog Synths and programming them etc.
I signed up at Truefire almost a most a month ago and trying to build up my hand strength and build some more callouses mostly acoustic guitar lessons.

The past couple days is the first time I tried using to mics on Acoustic and never used a SDC's before so am experimenting. Make shift Gobos and a chair sweak and bird chirp on one of them I think. I can embed for those who might want me to do so. I did include info on the tracks as some are Dry and some have a little Reverb. I didn't use any other plug-ins
Here is the Playlist
https://soundcloud.com/mahuska/sets/...-pair-sdc-mics
I decided to try to embed some Soundcloud url's just now but see no button like the one for YouTube help there please
Old 05-17-2014, 11:48 PM

I am a big fan of CAD mics. My favorite mic is my C400s. My next mic will be an M179 or maybe 2 of them.
At $129 - why not. The reviews are uniformly positive.

Your first recording sounds excellent. The guitar does not overpower the mic.
That's one thing I like about CAD's. It's a warm, intimate, radio-ready sound.

I am not sure what you need help with. I listened through K240's.
It sounded fine. Second recording was a bit loud and had a bit too much reverb for my ears.

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Last edited by louparte; 05-17-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louparte View Post
I am a big fan of CAD mics. My favorite mic is my C400s. My next mic will be an M179 or maybe 2 of them.
At $129 - why not. The reviews are uniformly positive.

Your recording sounds excellent. The guitar does not overpower the mic.
That's one thing I like about CAD's. It's a warm, intimate, radio-ready sound.
Cool I am still experimenting, like I said tracked shortly after un-boxing and was pretty tired. Today's tracks were much better but I haven't uploaded them yet.
My friend has a m179. Depends of what source you mostly likely would use the m179 on. Doesn't work well with many vocal's(voices) a lot of de-essing. However an all rounder than can work on Acoustic guitar very well. Many keep the m179 for drum duties. Gotta love the variable patterns you can dial in. I can't remember if you can dial in a figure 8 on the m179 but if it can think of this. Just get on e70 with both capsules and if the M179 pulls off figure 8, then put on the omni cap on the e70 for M/S or other possibilities. If you like Cad mics and want one for vocals and Guitar get the CAD e100s @$350.00 or cheaper. Think about it it is $129.00 for one m179. minus that from $350.0=
$92.00 difference. The e100s will smoke the m179 on vocals and guitars.
Oh after a quick Google seems like your C400s is pretty much the same as a MXL 2001. If you like your C400s you will love their e100s, engineered and built in the USA. If you can swing the e100s, then just pickup a m179 then you can down the road
Old 05-18-2014, 05:31 AM

I'm not a pro. But I've liked the c400s on vocals and acoustic guitar. It's warm.
I also have a RODE NT1 and a cheap MXL kit. Never use them anymore.

But my recordings tend to rely on synths thru the board.
Mic's, voice and acoustic guitar are a smaller part of the orchestration.

I'll check out the E100. Always wanted an Equitek. E60 looks good for a good price too.

I'm not sure I'd know what I'd do with the variable patterns on the M179.
But the reviews of the mic are really excellent and the price - $129 - is hard to resist.

Youtube

France (Film Musique & Fantomas)
---
Guitars: (2007) big Vietnamese archtop; (1997) Guild F65ce,
(1988) Guild D60, (1972) Guild D25, two other Vietnamese flat-tops and one classical.

Last edited by louparte; 05-18-2014 at 06:16 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD