The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Big Sky with Helix

Good Day friends,
Anyone using their line 6 helix with external pedals? Specifically the big sky reverb? I was setting it up yesterday and was doing a fx1/2 set up however the big sky sounded extremely quiet. Not sure if anyone else has ever had issues with external pedals sounding quiet? I also dont understand if i should run the big sky in 2 separate blocks with a send and return instead? Any help is greatly appreciated!
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 12-09-2019, 08:26 AM

I sold all my Strymon pedals to buy a Helix. After 6 months, I went back to pedals. I couldn't get the sounds as good as the Big Sky, although the delays kept up with the Timeline. I had more creativity with individual pedals. I also had problems with levels of external pedals with the Helix.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerDuck View Post
I sold all my Strymon pedals to buy a Helix. After 6 months, I went back to pedals. I couldn't get the sounds as good as the Big Sky, although the delays kept up with the Timeline. I had more creativity with individual pedals. I also had problems with levels of external pedals with the Helix.
I dont have any issues with the delay module, i mean it pulls from the dl4 which is one of the best pedals ever made. I also use it for my electric and am looking at a hybrid so being able to have amp modeling is going to keep me on the singular pedal. However the big sky is worth every single penny. If I can figure out how to add it into my chain successfully i think it would be perfect.
2017 Taylor 714ce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification