The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 AM

Smile QSC K 10. Well impressed

I use to have a QSC K8, great little speaker but for some reason i traded that in for something else . that was a about 5 or 6 years ago.
The last few years I have been using my AER compact 60/3 which I love and will continue to use from time to time.

Recently I have gone back to the PA route .

I dusted down my Allen & heath zed 10FX which i had in my cuboard for years. (lol)
I recently purchased the QSC K 10 after comparing with other speakers even the larger Mackie thump 12 and the yamaha DBR 10.
The QSC won hands down. I set it on speech/voice setting and have the other eq setting on normal connecting it to my Allen and heath 10FX plus I use a Redail J 48 active DI box for my guitar with the minus 15db pushed in. Set the reverb on hall and I use a Electro Voice RE 410 condenser mic.

Very happy with the sound. The sound is so warm and clear and the guitar sounds punchy.
This is the first version of the QSC K 10. I haven't tried the version 2 yet.
I now realise why the QSC are a bit more expensive, you get what you pay for, what I also love about the K10 is that its very energy effiecent . Ideal for busking with my Lithuim iron 22aph battery.

Dave
Old 04-10-2018, 07:04 AM

We play a few farmers mkts every summer.
I use a small honda generator . The kind designed
for electronics 2000i i think. Anyway it runs two
k10s and a sub. plus all the outboard gear with
no issues. So they are quite efficient. And sound great!!
I a/b d these with the yammy dbx 10. the qsc won.To my ears no contest.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:25 AM

I am assuming you bought the new K10.2? I own a K10 and love the size and tone. However, even though it's mint, it has developed this very low but noticeable static. I am thinking of having it checked over by my QSC dealer since it's under warranty and switching to the K10.2.

I also own two K12's and have really debated about upgraded to the 12.2 versions. However, the originals sound so good and have been rock solid so I think this one of those times where sticking with what works might be best.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

We have a couple of larger gigs coming up, and one of the guys bought 2 of the 10.2s - I didn’t do the comparisons with anything else, but I am quite impressed with them!
Old 04-10-2018, 03:17 PM

Mr Blues, Yes the k10s sound great to my ears too! I’m curious about the details of your lithium ion battery setup? Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification