The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-14-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside_Guitar View Post
Canucks win game 1 against defending Stanley Cup champs. Go Canucks Go!!!
Good to see the Canucks win. What's the talk of the team in BC? Are they expected to win this series ... putting aside biased opinions.

Bruins lost. Pastrnak missed the game because he was 'unfit for play'. <sigh> I wish they wouldn't use that term.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Good to see the Canucks win. What's the talk of the team in BC? Are they expected to win this series ... putting aside biased opinions.

Bruins lost. Pastrnak missed the game because he was 'unfit for play'. <sigh> I wish they wouldn't use that term.
I would say the expectations are low. The Canucks haven't been in the playoffs for something like 5 years and this team is built differently than 5 years ago. The young Swede superstar Pedderson does NOT play like the Sedins. He brings a rougher edge and outward desire to be the best he can. Still seems like a humble kid but seems to have that drive to win at all cost. The new Captain Bo Horvat has paid his dues and is turning into one of the better centers in the league. Again he brings that desire to win at any cost and is much tougher than the last Captain Henrik Sedin. Throw in a couple other young stars like Boesser and Hughes on defence who also seem to have that drive....these playoffs are an invaluable experience for the future.
Also will give kudos to the veterans. Despite the NHL becoming a faster league the playoffs are a war. Veterans like JTMiller, Jay Beagle, Tyler Myers, Brandon Sutter and Antoine Rousell are built for the war. Also good to have these veterans around the kids.
All in all it's a good time to be a Canucks fan. A team of high skill, team toughness and veteran leadership. It's been a long wait!
Old 08-15-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I would say the expectations are low. The Canucks haven't been in the playoffs for something like 5 years and this team is built differently than 5 years ago. The young Swede superstar Pedderson does NOT play like the Sedins. He brings a rougher edge and outward desire to be the best he can. Still seems like a humble kid but seems to have that drive to win at all cost. The new Captain Bo Horvat has paid his dues and is turning into one of the better centers in the league. Again he brings that desire to win at any cost and is much tougher than the last Captain Henrik Sedin. Throw in a couple other young stars like Boesser and Hughes on defence who also seem to have that drive....these playoffs are an invaluable experience for the future.
Also will give kudos to the veterans. Despite the NHL becoming a faster league the playoffs are a war. Veterans like JTMiller, Jay Beagle, Tyler Myers, Brandon Sutter and Antoine Rousell are built for the war. Also good to have these veterans around the kids.
All in all it's a good time to be a Canucks fan. A team of high skill, team toughness and veteran leadership. It's been a long wait!
I'd like the Canucks to make it deep in the playoffs, same with the Flames because they're both Canadian teams. I think Colorado is going to be tough in the West.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:25 AM

Rask has just opted out of the NHL playoffs! Just a couple of hours before game time in a 1-1 series. Wow. Big news. Halak is up now.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:04 PM

RIP Dale Hawerchuk. Passed away today at the young age of 57 due to cancer.

He was the #1 pick in 1981 and won the Calder trophy as rookie of the year. Between 1981 and 1994 he played more games than anyone else and scored the second most points in the NHL. I didn't know either of those two facts until I read it.

Unfortunately he played in the same division as the Edmonton Oilers and also the Calgary Flames so the Jets never really want far in the playoffs.

I have his #10 jersey. I'm going to put it on in respect for Dale.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
RIP Dale Hawerchuk. Passed away today at the young age of 57 due to cancer.

He was the #1 pick in 1981 and won the Calder trophy as rookie of the year. Between 1981 and 1994 he played more games than anyone else and scored the second most points in the NHL. I didn't know either of those two facts until I read it.

Unfortunately he played in the same division as the Edmonton Oilers and also the Calgary Flames so the Jets never really want far in the playoffs.

I have his #10 jersey. I'm going to put it on in respect for Dale.
Yes, very sad, Dru. He was an ironman for sure. So young.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Yes, very sad, Dru. He was an ironman for sure. So young.
Dale will be a hero in Winnipeg forever.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:31 PM

Bruins beat the Hurricanes 4 games to 1 and move on to the next round! Halak came through. Lightning took care of the Blue Jackets and it looks like the Avalanche will move on today over the Coyotes.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:32 PM

My Isles let the Caps off the hook last night, but it was a great game. Hopefully finish them off tomorrow night. Go Isles!
Old 08-20-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
My Isles let the Caps off the hook last night, but it was a great game. Hopefully finish them off tomorrow night. Go Isles!
Rooting for the Islanders tonight. Good thing there's NHL to keep my mind off the terrible MLB season.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:50 PM

One period away from advancing. Here goes!
Old 08-21-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Rooting for the Islanders tonight. Good thing there's NHL to keep my mind off the terrible MLB season.
or do you mean the Boston Red Sox.

This year they've made me doubly glad I am not interested at all in watching baseball. They are a dumpster fire.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
One period away from advancing. Here goes!
Congrats on the Islanders! The Caps won the Stanley Cup in 2018 with Barry Trotz as coach. Caps wouldn't pay him so he went to the Islanders and they advanced past the first round both years ... the Caps neither year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
or do you mean the Boston Red Sox.

This year they've made me doubly glad I am not interested at all in watching baseball. They are a dumpster fire.
You saw right through me. Where's the embarrassed emoticon, lol. If the Red Sox were doing well I'd be there every day ... but the NHL would still take top spot because it is the playoffs.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:58 PM

The Stanley Cup will go to a different team this year. The Canucks defeat the defending champs four games to two.
Next up for the Canucks iis the Golden Knights. Should be a heck of a battle and hope the Canucks can keep it going.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
The Stanley Cup will go to a different team this year. The Canucks defeat the defending champs four games to two.
Next up for the Canucks iis the Golden Knights. Should be a heck of a battle and hope the Canucks can keep it going.
I'll be rooting for the Canucks as the sole Canadian team left in the playoffs. I am a Marc-Andre Fleury fan but doesn't look like he's starting.

Bruins and Lightning tonight!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic