The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-17-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
I bought a Studio Goose (SG-42-MG) Master Grade dread with AAAA Adirondack (master grade) over Brazilian mahogany. Stellar guitar. Traded a Collings D1 Bakes Sitka Sunburst top and some $ for it at Sound Pure. I've got a couple of really good D-18's and a PWGC D model and the Boucher stands with them and in some way surpasses them. They're all a little different. Where the Martin/PWGC guitars are vintage voiced and dry woody sounding, the Boucher is vintage voiced as well but has a lushness to it that's difficult to explain w/o playing one. I would highly recommend Boucher to anyone sitting on the fence. They are very nice guitars with great build quality.
Sounds like a wonderful instrument, pun intended.
Your statement “has a lushness to it that’s difficult to explain w/o playing one”. Is what I was trying to say but didn’t express it as well as you.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Sounds like a wonderful instrument, pun intended.
Your statement “has a lushness to it that’s difficult to explain w/o playing one”. Is what I was trying to say but didn’t express it as well as you.
I don't know..."articulate but round" sort of sums it up! I can't imagine you'd look back and wish you hadn't bought it? It's never good when a guitar gives you sleepless nights? (having been there way too many times!)

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 PM

I have an SG42 and I would say that it is the best dreadnought I have ever owned and I have owned numerous. I know the price is a little high, but I feel it's a bargain for what you get.
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3
Old 09-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallhadden View Post
I have an SG42 and I would say that it is the best dreadnought I have ever owned and I have owned numerous. I know the price is a little high, but I feel it's a bargain for what you get.
I told you so!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 09-18-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
"What you get" is a world class instrument by any measure. Great choice. I am planning to add an OM eventually. It is very likely that it will be a Boucher. I cannot say enough about their guitars. By the time I get around to purchase one the prices on them will probably be astronomical.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 09-18-2020, 01:25 PM

I shouldn't have clicked on the JP Cormier link. Don't click on it if you don't want to start obsessing about a Boucher and wondering how you're going to budget for one...

Old 09-19-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
"What you get" is a world class instrument by any measure. Great choice. I am planning to add an OM eventually. It is very likely that it will be a Boucher. I cannot say enough about their guitars. By the time I get around to purchase one the prices on them will probably be astronomical.
I’m very curious about their OM’s. What back and side would you get?
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3
Old 09-20-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I’m very curious about their OM’s. What back and side would you get?
I have an SG51 OM hybrid with cutaway. IRW body and sides and torrified master grade top.
You are not exactly close but if you ever find yourself in the Woodstock area
you can check mine out.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:44 AM

I was close to making a deal for one but a tested a Martin 000-18 and fell in love with it. Still trying to justify it. Maybe yes, maybe common sense will rule the day...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion