The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-23-2021, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for sharing this clip, Thomas! The guitar sounds amazing, and your playing keeps getting better and better. I've heard you play quite a few world-class guitars over the past couple of years, but this one suits your playing style better than all the rest, even edging out my Claxton, which also sounds sublime with your touch and repertoire.

For the rest of you out there, I can testify that this Sands is a stunner in every possible way. Thomas and I spent a long afternoon last week exploring all the nuances of Dolores (and two Circas, his OM-42 and my OM-18, lucky us!). I hadn't played Dolores since last January. The guitar sounds even better than it did back then, when it was brand new. I also found it even easier to play, perhaps because the action is now a smidge higher than last year, which is necessary for my style which is somewhat ham-fisted compared to Thomas's very delicate touch.

Every note is sweet, clear and has that glorious bloom I've felt with every Somogyi-style guitar I've played. It sounds both deep and present all at once, if that makes any sense. Amazing note separation, yet everything hangs together so harmoniously because it's so balanced. I had a blast playing it. I can't wait until our next get-together, buddy!
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Claxton OM Traditional
2014 Blackbird Rider

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop