The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY
Default Just played Ray's new X7!

Ray, invited me to play his new X7 so I could see the difference between the new and older versions of the X7. Nice guitar, and nice person! I found the new X7 to feel more comfortable to play because of it's larger size, and I really liked the way the sound port brought what I was playing to my ear. Thanks again Ray!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 12-04-2019, 07:06 PM

I like when things like this happen... letting others try guitars.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 AM
Charter Member

My wife and I spent a very pleasant couple of hours with Karen - she drove a pretty long way to come down and I'm glad it proved useful in terms of having a better feel for the newer model X7. Having owned both the older, smaller version, and the current one, I personally greatly prefer the newer one. She got a real feel for the effect of the offset soundhole and how much louder and fuller it makes this little guitar sound from the perspective of the player.

She's also a really fine musician! She's got several albums dating back to 1969 and into the 90s on the major streaming sites. She's a really fine player and singer and songwriter. I'll leave it to her to link to her music if she wants to - I don't want to out her more than I already have. But we had a very very nice time hanging out with her and when she shook off some of her "rust" (I should have such rust!) and played and sang a couple of songs for us, well, that was a real treat!

Was very happy to have her come by for a while, and glad she got back home in a reasonable amount of time...

-Ray
Old 12-05-2019, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I like when things like this happen... letting others try guitars.
You're the gold standard and my inspiration in letting people come check out my guitar. But to paraphrase Nathan Hale, 'I regret that I have but one carbon fiber guitar to let interested folks come check out'. Not in your league for options, but I'm glad I could be of help...

-Ray
Old 12-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Ray has all the fun ! Good job there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber