The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-10-2022, 12:58 PM

LOL... Pledge should contact Willie to see if he can be a spokesman for Pledge on guitars.... "works for me and it gets rid of any nasty stains by removing it completely.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
So am I - but they call it "relicing" or "mojo":

Old 08-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

On polyurethane, I wouldn't be too worried about using car wax or polish, as it is a polymerized, rather inert finish. But as mentioned by others, I tend to stick with a damp cloth mostly. Virtuoso or SM if I allow a buildup to happen.

On a side note, I was told by our local Western Plow dealer than spraying a whole can of Pledge on the plow at the beginning of the snow season will keep snow from caking all year.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 08-11-2022, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Believe it or not I’ve known people who use Pledge on their cars. One person, in particular, on her black vehicle. I don’t need to say more… do I?
First off. I am a retired auto painter. Insurance repair mostly. But also have done resto's as well as show cars.

When doing any kind of paint related work. First you must clean thoroughly.

Silicone is a major oily, greasy, and difficult thing to remove. There are worse things though.

But, Pledge will hide imperfections and swirls, small scratches, that nothing else will.

That said, Pledge is a dust magnet. If going that route, Id much prefer Endust.

On my guitars. I'm more about cleanlyness, than polish.

People freak out, but I use Original Formula Windex, Sprayed on a soft cloth. Wet rag dry rag. Wipe on, Wipe off Daniel son.

If you rub a clean finger on the surface, and it squeaks, you know it's clean.

Takes everything off. Old polishes and waxes.

Occasionally I'll use a Meguiar's type polish. Martin, or Fender spray. Or Gibson cream. But keep away from pickups.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars