The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-06-2023, 08:35 PM

Default Eastman Slope Shoulders

I've been checking out some eastman slope shoulders, main the below.

E6SS-TC
E10SS-TC
E20SS-TC

I was hoping to get some opinions on these models. I'm hoping to try them out later this month. How do they compare? Is there a clear winner between them? Are there other eastman models you would recommend above these?
Old 11-06-2023, 09:14 PM

I think the /V models are cool because you can't get a varnish finish like that on any other guitar in that price range (to my knowledge.) Though I'm not crazy about the artificial aging they do on those models.

There's also the E16SS and E22SS, to consider!
Old 11-06-2023, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Also, might be worth it to check out the E1SS-SB. I started eyeballing that one after Goat Mick got the 00 version and really liked it.

Rob
Old 11-07-2023, 12:31 AM

I cant help you with the E6ss, but I can give you my opinion on the E16ss, the E10ss and the E20ss. I owned the the E16ss for about 2 months and I just couldnt get used to the brightness of it, it was a good sounding guitar but just not for me. Probably was the curly Maple back and sides. Then I bought my 1st E10ss and like a fool sold it about a year later. My reasoning was if I liked the E10ss that much the E20ss would be even better. Dont get me wrong the E20ss was a great sounding guitar. I just started missing the E10ss. So I went and bought another one. This one is going nowhere. I dont think you can go wrong with any of these guitars. If you like Taylors sound you would probably like the E16ss. But of the 3 my E10ss is my favorite. You really just have to play one to see what I mean. If you cant play one I would not hesitate to buy one on line as long as you have a return policy. I dont know if I just got lucky on mine but it is one really nice sounding guitar. When I play it for my wife she say it just has a really good depth to it. Keep in mind this is just my opinion. I dont know if its the combo of the Adi and Mahogany, but it works for me. Good luck. As far as recommending anything else, let me put it this way, I have owned a lot of different Eastmans and I have sold a few too. Not because they werent good guitars I just wanted to try another model. The 4 Eastmans that are in my Signature will not be sold. They are 4 of my Favorite Eastmans. Hope that helps.

Last edited by baw3; 11-07-2023 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:08 AM
Charter Member

I owned an E20ss, and thought it look like a Gibson but sounded warmer … like a D35.

I also owned a few E10SS models. By far the best ones used nitro and were several years old… before the new Trutone finish they use now.

There was a used 2017 E10SS that I thought was fantastic, and should have never sold.

I also recently tied an E1SS-sb. Nice guitar. But just nice…
Old 11-07-2023, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Seems like most of my posts on this forum are in praise of my E10SS. I've owned it for well over 10 years and it still blows me away. Multigenerational old world craftsmanship is the only explanation that I can come up with.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:50 AM

I own an e10ss/v as my only dread. I use it as a take to a campfire or bluegrass jam guitar. Fantastic tone and I don't need to worry about the reliced finish if it gets a ding. The /v versions will sound slightly different from the Nitro or truetone ones due to the thinner finish.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
eastman