The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-20-2003, 06:27 AM
Charter Member

Default Baggs iMix (new pickup system)

Well, the latest edition of Acoustic Guitar arrived the other day. I was thumbing through it and noticed an ad for the new Baggs iMix system. You get an I-Beam, an Active Element, and a blending preamp that fits in the same hole where the Fishman system resides in off the shelf Taylors and Martins. I'm not sure it would be any better than the ES, but for those of us who have guitars that won't work with an ES retrofit, or for those who might want to swap out the Fishman sooner rather than later - looks like it could be promising.

Can't find anything at Bagg's website about it though, and SAMusic doesn't seem to have them yet. Anyone heard one?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:49 PM

If it is like many "new'' things that come out in mags it takes a year to find them in a store where you can buy them LOL

By the way Trey , I got the Collings back with the matrix install and it sounds pretty doggone good. Check it out if the MS lets
you come.

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 08-21-2003, 04:09 PM

Default now hear this

Hello everyone, I'm new to the thread but have been reading the news for a few days. Lots of good info. I need an acoustic amp. I play a Taylor 714 with the fishman electronic.
I would interested in the Baggs update.
Has anyone heard the Kustom KAA65. It was detailed on another site as being better that Genz-Benz.
I am currently considering Ultrasound but I think new innovations are coming in the near few weeks and am thinking of waiting.
Any comments?
Old 08-21-2003, 04:16 PM

Default Re: now hear this

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~~~~~
Hello everyone, I'm new to the thread but have been reading the news for a few days. Lots of good info. I need an acoustic amp. I play a Taylor 714 with the fishman electronic.
I would interested in the Baggs update.
Has anyone heard the Kustom KAA65. It was detailed on another site as being better that Genz-Benz.
I am currently considering Ultrasound but I think new innovations are coming in the near few weeks and am thinking of waiting.
Any comments?
Have you tried AER acouctic amps yet? Not cheap, but they do sound "wonderful"!!!!

jb
2003 315K Ltd
1999 355-12 String
1995 GA-WS Ltd
2001 Collings CJ-A
1999 Larrivee Parlour (mahogany)
because of GAS - way too many electrics to list
oh yeah, I almost forgot - an ancient Ovation Balladeer for camping trips.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:25 PM

Have not seen the AER, or the ultrasound for that matter, I have just read about both. Either one sounds great in the reviews.
I sing so I want some reverb or Hall on my vocals, I like the small size of the DS2-50, but I would have to run the small Alesis 6 channel board with effects (aound $100)
The pro-200 just seems like over kill for most of my situations.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:24 AM

~~~~~~: (How do I pronounce that??!!) My suggestion is to wait because you are right, there are a couple of innovations to be released within the next month or so. I myself am waiting before I decided on one to be purchased by the end of this year. Keep your eyes on the Fishman Loudbox...it's going to be much cheaper than expected, but I'm not expecting that anything coming from Fishman would be junk either.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox

Hey guys:
Has anyone got any more info on the new Fishman Loudbox. What is the weitht of the 250 and 500. They read as if they will blow the pants off anything in this class.
I was strongly considering an Ultrasound, but I will now have to take a wait and see approach.
A tri-amped situatin will really bring out the ambiance of a guitar and the new ambiance system that fishman is talking about sound a lot like the new Taylor system.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:16 AM

Default stixx

Stixx, I used to live in Dalton, GA and we would go to L&M Music all the time. I was just wondering if thats where you get a lot of your musical gear.
Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32 (The Message)

2004 Taylor 414ce w/ K&K Trinity pickup system
Carvin Cobalt 750
Michael Kelly Legacy mandolin
Kentucky KM-250 mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification