The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Default SALE PENDING

Pre-War OM28 w/ Adirondack & Granidillo Rosewood (Distress Level 1) W/ Harptone HSC.

This guitar is brand new! I haven't even taken delivery on it yet. It's still at Gryphon Strings in California. (read-on)

This guitar has a professionally installed Trance Audio Amulet-MV Pickup installed by Brian Michael at Gryphon.

$4,700. Shipped CONUS (I paid $5,594) ($5,295 for guitar plus $300 for p/u)

Please call me at 201.452.5073 to discuss. It would be much easier than writing long winded responses.

email if you have any basic questions: [email protected]

Within the last 2-weeks I purchased a Pre-War Dreadnought from Carter Vintage Instruments. (Same exact configuration as the OM28 which I had not purchased yet) I had played the dread for an hour or so and thought that I'd return it and get a smaller OM if there was one available. I saw the OM28 available at Gryphon so I immediately called them and bought it, fully intending to return the Dread, as I couldn't afford both guitars.

I had the Dread all boxed up and ready to go back to prrCarter. However I started questioning my decision and made the mistake of taking it out of the shipping box and playing it. After playing it for a while I decided to keep the dread come-what-may. It sounded that good.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just cancel my order on the OM, because Brian had already installed the pickup.

Regarding the pickup… If you play out, you’re all set. IMHO, and many… The Trance is the very best and most natural single source p/u out there. This is what Gryphon recommends over the K & K. The Trance acoustic lenses are attached by double sided tape so removing them is a cinch. I guess I can request that Brian remove the p/u at Gryphon before it is shipped if that’s preferable to the buyer. But if you have any inclination to play out or amplify for fun, keeping the p/u in - is a no brainer. Like a K&K, It has virtually no effect on the acoustic unamplified sound.

As you probably know the wait time on these guitars is well over 1-year if you order direct from Pre-War. Dealer inventory is scarce and most of the dealer’s inventory goes very quickly or the guitars are already spoken for before they even get delivered to the dealer.

The guys at Gryphon loved this guitar.

If you’ve been looking for a Pre-War this is a really good opportunity to get a new virtually un-played OM for a big savings with a great p/u. I’m sure we could work something out if you’re seriously interested. Again a phone call would be much preferred to answer detailed questions.

Thanks,
Dave

SPECIFICATIONS:

$5295 -Granidillo (w/ Traditional Herringbone trim and features. )

Distress level 1

Natural finish

Scale length: 25.4” (OM style)

Honduran Mahogany neck w/two way truss rod

Standard 1937 "C" to "V" neck shape.

Top material: Torrefied Adirondack spruce

Fretboard and bridge material: Ebony

Neck width at nut: Vintage spec, 1 ¾”

Neck width at body joint/bridge spacing: Vintage spec 2 5/16”

Binding material: Black plastic or Tortis

Bridge pins: Ebony Un-slotted

Nut and saddle: Bone

Harptone Case

Last edited by Dave Murphy; 07-02-2019 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Sale Pending
Old 07-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Just chiming in to encourage anyone thinking about a PW to go for this deal.

I have 3 PWs or I would have already bought it.

PWs are extremely well made.

Buy it, you will be glad you did.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Man if I can get a bite on my Danocaster Single Cut and Taylor 912-ce, I'll be in touch.

Good luck with the sale! I've been eyeing one of the Pre War D-2018's for a while now and am about to just bite the bullet and put down a deposit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars