The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Default Changed my mind...

Some of you may remember that I was debating between the Journey RT660 and the Rainsong Parlor. Played the Parlor twice and also played a Rainsong OM. But, I ordered the RT660 because I thought it would meet my needs.

The Journey is a nice guitar. Very balanced sound. But, something just didn't feel right to me. It's hard to explain. I liked the bass of the low e-string but when using a capo the guitar didn't sound as rich. I use a capo quite often.

Of course, it wasn't fair to compare the OM to either of the other two guitars. But, once I played it I couldn't get it out of my head. Called Ted this morning. I'm shipping the Journey back and he will be sending me the OM!

I originally wanted a travel sized guitar for taking along in our camper. But, we've got room for an OM and I'm sure I'll be much happier with it in the long run. I'll have to wait a little longer, but it'll be worth the wait!

A great woman...
Two really nice guitars...
I am blessed.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:31 AM

You gotta do what is right for you. In the final analysis, the overall dimensions are not that much different, as long as it fits into your RV.

I bought one of the first Baby Taylors in 1996 to strap onto the back of my motorcycle for touring. It really wasn't THAT much smaller than a regular guitar like my Seagull S6, but it sure sounded quieter.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

That's why we play before we pay...or something like that. LOL Sounds like you made a good move there. Enjoy the OM !
Old 03-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Sounds like it will all work out...all part of the guitar journey.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Lots of options - good to have that “trial period” when deciding... shipping is a small price to pay to get the guitar that suits you best.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 AM

I have used my Shorty extensively for air travel and RV/car travel. The Lucky goes more often by air these days, but the OM is light, sounds great and travels easy. I have never used the HSC but have a Access Stage 1 gig bag, small guitar size, and it fits perfectly, is very light and provides nice protection.
Enjoy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber