The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-27-2020, 05:38 PM

Default Battery Power

I'm toying around with the idea of adding a battery power supply for the small pedal board. So far, I've been looking at the Pedaltrain volto 3. Anybody try these, or another? Experiences? What kind of battery life do you usually get? Are they reliable enough to gig with?
Old 10-27-2020, 06:01 PM

I had a Volto 2 which worked well. It was not able to run an HX Stomp, but otherwise did everything else I asked of it.

12v rechargeable lithium ion batteries are plentiful and much cheaper. It's too bad there is no simple way to use them for 9v stomp boxes.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

I am slowly figuring out how to go all battery - Current rig is a pair of Bose S1s, with my guitar using a wireless connector to my TRex Soulmate Acoustic, which was the only part that required a plug. I ordered a MyVolts USB adapter that was specifically supposed to run the Soulmate, which is 12v, but when plugged into a battery pack via USB, it doesn't work. But, it came with a polarity reversing cable, and I took that same battery pack ( which does multiple voltages, and can even jump a pickup truck when fully charged ) and used its 12v output with the reversing cable, it worked great! I ran it for about 3 hours last night, and the battery isn't showing any loss of power at all. So, if you can get a battery pack that does 9v for a reasonable price, I'd say go for it - just make sure all your pedals have the same polarity, and get a pack large enough to handle them all plus a few more. They aren't that expensive - and at the end of a gig, if your car needs a jump start -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification