The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Default Allen Heath Zedi-10fx into Garageband

This mixer interface looks appealing with the specs saying it is 4 in / 4 out usb. Has anyone tried this set up in particular using Catalina and Garageband 10.3?

I can't seem to find an answer for this with this mixer/interface. I want an interface for recording and the mixer works well for live and projects.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback offered. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2020, 03:16 AM

I use my Zedi10fx with Reaper (and Audacity). I’ve never use it with your particular DAWs but I can’t see why it would not work. Bare in mind that it’s only inputs 1,2,3 and 4 that are USB connected. None of the other inputs are.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:14 AM

Hey thanks Daniel. 4 usb in and out if fine with my needs... what do you think of the A/D convertors? Reasonable for the price point? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortiseshell View Post
Hey thanks Daniel. 4 usb in and out if fine with my needs... what do you think of the A/D convertors? Reasonable for the price point? Thanks so much for your help.
Yeah, this thing is "reasonable" at this price point. A few things to point out. I would not buy the "FX" model again as I find the effects rather lame and I never use them anymore. Also, the FX button when dialed in at the channel level does increase the effects presence (as it should) but it actually increases the output volume and that is supremely annoying. It should color the sound, not increase it. Other than that, I really can't complain.

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 10-14-2020 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:06 PM

The internal effects are nice if you are the type of person who likes to listen to reverb while you are recording. You can listen to reverb without recording it, which allows you to use a better quality reverb in post.

Another thing about the FX model is that you might find yourself using the mixer live for a single, duo, or trio act. A built in reverb is handy for that. If you want to play live and record the performance, you can record four pre effects/EQ channels.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:28 PM

hey thanks guys.... I appreciate your help... I ordered the zedi-10fx today along with mackie mr524 monitors... i think this will make a nice small desktop work station and offer live capability in a small footprint... it's all I need. Not trying to make records, just capture gases before they evaporate and share.

If you have any resources, suggestions, ideas etc... I'm wide open... thanks again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
garageband, interface, usb, zedi-10fx