The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-27-2020, 06:44 AM

Thanks for your answer!
What is the main difference between the d6-8MKII and A4-8 MkII?
Is the d6-8mkII got better, more powerfull sound? or just more input channels?

Im thinking of buying d6-8mkII (B-stock) from Thomann. Price difference between d6-8mkii and a4-mkii is bout $100

Seems lite Elite acoustics it the best small sound system there is..?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
Thanks for your answer!

What is the main difference between the d6-8MKII and A4-8 MkII?

Is the d6-8mkII got better, more powerfull sound? or just more input channels?

I have the a4-8 mkII. It is 4 vs 6 channels and not digital. Haven’t compared the two side by side. Sound quality is really high. I picked up the A4-8 used, and Elite Acoustics upgraded it to the mkII for me for 150 bucks.

Full Eq over two channels, then eq for monitors. I run a cajon with a pickup through one of the non-eq inputs on mine, and the 8in speaker does a good job on that kick drum “thump”.

I’d get d6 if it was only 100 bucks more for the extra flexibility.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:51 AM

Thanks for you answer.
Btw, do you have any idea whats the difference between D6-8mkII and the D6-8 PRO?
Old 10-28-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
Thanks for you answer.

Btw, do you have any idea whats the difference between D6-8mkII and the D6-8 PRO?

The PRO doesn’t have the battery.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

And now: Bose has introduced their update L series. For a small venue use, the new L1 Pro8 offers a lot.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=596457
Old 10-28-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
The 30 watt Elite Acoustics amp is underpowered. If it is enough power for that church setting it will be barely.

I had the original D6-8 40 watt amp, and while the sound was fantastic, it always seemed to be just at the edge of distortion.

Fortunately, they upgraded it to the mark 2 80 watts specs, and now it is a perfect wattage for small to mid sized gigs.

The general rule of thumb is 1 watt per audience members minimum. 30 watts for 50 people is not enough.
I went through the same experience with
My d68. Great sounding amp for both vocals
and guitar. 40 watts I was bumping up against its limit occasionally..you can tell..
You here some distortion that you cant get
past with adjusting the gain,master
vol,ch vol ratios. It's just maxed..the mk2 is 80..If i need more i have it in other speakers..but 80 watts is the biggest improvement to the d68. Covers alot of the smaller venues.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:52 PM

Now that I am using Elite Acoustics gear as my go to for live performance, I take that amazing tone and line out to my two Bose S1pro amps but still using the eq of the Elite Acoustics amp only. For larger gigs I use the Elite for a monitor only and line out to other equipment for more power. This is a very high end awesome tone for performance with enough power to reach 150 listeners.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:45 PM

I have an AER compact 60. Its small and very light but gives the most impressive acoustic tone ive had from any amp. Tommy Emmanuel uses the same amp.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:00 PM

AER makes an outstanding amp for sure. Having not used one I cannot compare it to the Elite Acoustics gear I use. Without naming names, I can attest to the opinion that my Elite with my Stompmix 6 produces the best acoustic tone I have ever heard. So what, you might ask. I have played out professionally most of my 71 year old life and still do quite often. My mom was deeply involved musically with some great names in contemporary music both in the studio and live. Throughout my life I have had the privilege of hearing some great gear. Thats where I get my comparison from.
The cool thing is that we all respect one another's opinion of gear, guitars and all things musical. You, no doubt, have your favorites. I share this opinion about Elite Acoustics only to alert those who are searching for great tone from their acoustic to give them a try. No affiliation at all.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Now that I am using Elite Acoustics gear as my go to for live performance, I take that amazing tone and line out to my two Bose S1pro amps but still using the eq of the Elite Acoustics amp only. For larger gigs I use the Elite for a monitor only and line out to other equipment for more power. This is a very high end awesome tone for performance with enough power to reach 150 listeners.
You have pretty much arrived to where we're at with our duo - EAE StompMix X6 plus one or two (if needed) Bose S1 Pro's. Great setup, very modular, excellent tone. That said, even though I really don't need it right now (no gigging) that new D6-8 PRO with the wood cabinet is sorely tempting me! If it had battery power I'm sure I'd be all over it as I love the look of a nice wood cabinet!! Congrats on finding your excellent tone. You made great choices!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification