The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-25-2020, 11:15 AM

Default PSA - Strings

Yes, another string post, but I just felt I should give a call out to Curt Mangan Strings. In particular, on my Taylor 712, the round core phosphor strings are wonderful, thickening up the tone and reducing the guitar's tendency to brittleness in the highs. I'm using the light set with a 12 and 16 on top. I've used their Monel round cores on my 322, same set up as far as gauge. Really, really nice strings.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatkin View Post
I've used their Monel round cores on my 322, same set up as far as gauge. Really, really nice strings.
These have become my standard strings. Love 'em!

A note to those who might try them: IMO they sound harsh at first - even up to a week or more, depending on how much playing they get, but once they're broken in, they sound wonderful. Then, they seem to last 2-3x as long as PBs or 80/20s. YMMV.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion