The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2020, 09:53 AM

To me there needs to be two of "The One". Since I play in our worship band there's a strong need for an electric. In that scenario I settled on a Gretsch Black Falcon PE. I didn't know when I bought it if it would be The One but after owning three other electrics I was wiling to give it a shot. It has since surpassed my expectations.

Since my goal is to also play solo gigs I need an acoustic. I've been blessed with some nice guitars but none that I would classify as The One. But there's one on the forum that I have my eye on... ;-)

-jay
'98 SRV Fender Stratocaster
Old 11-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

My Collings D1 Traditional with a baked Sitka top is the one. It has it all for me acoustically, ergonomically, and aesthetically. The moment I picked it up and played a G chord, I knew I had found IT.

I should add that I also love my Walker slope shoulder. The poor guy is getting a few new frets and a new nut and saddle for Christmas.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:22 AM

Each guitar I got was kind of result of a quest : So, each one used to be the one.
But some were not and left my house...
Old 11-28-2020, 01:29 AM

I had never heard of John Allison, but played this mahogany dreadnought of his that had apparently already been hanging in Hill Country Guitars in Wimberley, Texas for awhile. Bought it right then, and it has always seemed like the perfect guitar to me. Never fails to please me. Just beautiful.

Of course, it doesn't keep me from liking/loving other guitars, even guitars of other sizes and tones, but this guitar is just like a perfect DNA match for my particular hearing and playing preferences.

I am so happy that I have this guitar!
1976 Ovation 1613-4 nylon--spruce top
1963 Guild Mark II nylon--spruce top

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion