The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-24-2020, 10:03 AM

Default Need good baroque violin duets (not classical guitar)

A friend’s teenage daughter is interesting in working up some baroque era duet pieces with me. She plays violin, I play guitar (flatpick), mandolin and banjo. Looking for violin/cello pieces I can adapt to violin/cello, and violin/violin I can adapt to violin/mandolin. Anything written for violin/guitar would be great too. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Paganini was quite taken with the guitar and wrote several things for guitar and violin. Look around here and see if any of it appeals to you. I believe when he was playing the guitar parts he shifted all the "flash" that he usually played on violin to the guitar parts, so possibly your violinist will be bored and you will be overwhelmed. I've not heard this music in 30 years or so as I'm not much of a Paganini fan.
https://www.free-scores.com/download...c.php?pdf=4922
Old 07-09-2020, 09:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

I play violin and guitar, and have for years been playing violin duets. Occasionally I like to play through the music with my guitar as well. I will make three recommendations. Muller is relatively easy and yet beautiful. Mazas wrote violin duets That are somewhat more challenging. There is a 12 duets book of Gemianni (sp?, we call him Jimmy) That starts easy enough, but if you can play the last of it You are out of my league. Bach wrote something in Dm for 2 violins that may not be so great on the guitar, but by the second page I have trouble breathing.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Bach 2 part Inventions are all short and fun and interesting

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical