The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Lots of great, well thought out responses and suggestions, just wondering if the original OP is even looking at the thread as EJW93 has not responded to any of it....BTW, I have the greatest guitar in the world
Well I've been lurking around watching this thread. I was in line with most of your previous comments until I got to the end of this one! Your SJ is definitely a thing of beauty, but I'm aware of a few other awesome guitars around!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 01-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

I'd got with Kevin Ryan, Tom Doerr, James & Luke Goodall or John Osthoff. For Ryan you'd have to stick to a fairly base model to keep it under $9k.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 01-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpartrick View Post
This might be one of the best guitars on Earth. Admittedly slightly more than what you had in mind, and wood choices are a little different but IMHO tonally in the same ballpark as what you're looking for.

http://www.dreamguitars.com/detail/2...s_tunnel_13_7/
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogthefrog View Post
I'm not sure what Steve Kauffman charges for non-Klein guitars, but he's worth talking to--the guitar he built for me is the best guitar in the known universe for what I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Well I've been lurking around watching this thread. I was in line with most of your previous comments until I got to the end of this one! Your SJ is definitely a thing of beauty, but I'm aware of a few other awesome guitars around!
Haha, I am not quite that pretentious, I was building off the two previous quotes which mentioned "one of the best guitars on earth" and "best guitar in the know universe", I was just trying to keep up with the Jones's...
Old 01-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw93 View Post
If you had a budget of up to $9k and could pick any builder to build a cedar/RW fingerstyle guitar, who would it be? And which model guitar.

Would love to spend less or upgrade wood species, but wanted to get opinions that cover the gamut.

At this point just looking to do a little research on builders.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
What sort of sound are you looking for?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:36 PM

Just read a few days ago that bashkin has closed his list since the start of the year. So my recommendation for the OP a few posts ago on this thread wouldn't be possible for a while unless a dealer gets in a cedar guitar.

http://www.bashkinguitars.com/blog?category=News

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop