The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-15-2020, 04:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
The most simple setup would be for both of you to buy identical amps and run separately. My suggestion would be Fishman Loudbox amps. The Artist series would probably work, however the Performer series would be better.
Mick,
I think you're the early winner. This is precisely what we're currently doing and find it to be a great choice. If we ever have a live gig again! I have a Yamaha MG10Xu and a Bose S1 as well. We've used this combination with the S1 on a pole before and it worked well. Lots of good suggestions here, thanks everyone for playing!
Old 07-15-2020, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew3 View Post
Mick,
I think you're the early winner. This is precisely what we're currently doing and find it to be a great choice. If we ever have a live gig again! I have a Yamaha MG10Xu and a Bose S1 as well. We've used this combination with the S1 on a pole before and it worked well. Lots of good suggestions here, thanks everyone for playing!
I've done this for years in duos and it works great. Also anytime either of you have a solo gig, you have all the equipment you need. Right now I'm still gigging every week, but it looks like Tennessee is going into shutdown mode again. I hope things turn back around for us but I'm not holding my breath.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 07-15-2020, 10:02 AM

I think the Fishmans are decent. But the Bose S1 sounds a LOT better for vocals and acoustic guitars to me. I own both. I haven't touched the Fishmans for a LONG time.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
Single QSC K8.2 on a pole with a Yamaha MG10XU or Allen & Heath ZED-10FX
All the power you will need especially with HZ channel.
this. Maybe go with the k10 for a bit more bass.
You'll find alot of bose fans here. Our band started with a pair of qsc k12s. And a Mackie
Board. We went to the k10s for convenience
And lost a smidgen of low end. Now th he band
Has a qsc touchmix and bose l1 or the compact.
To my ear the compromise was not worth it.
(Compromise being sound quality for convenience)
The bose is harsh when pushed and the touchmix is a typical jack of all trades master
Of none. For the best sound I would stick
With the qsc and an analog board. The Allen and
Heat zed 10 is a great sounding board.small
but barely enough for your needs. Only 4 XLR inputs. So the Allen and heath 12 or 14 would
Yield room to grow. And your mandolin could
Have it's own ch.
But since money IS no object. I would buy
This.. including the Junker guitar
Acus pronounced ahhcoos

Last edited by varmonter; 07-16-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
If you want small footprint and a ton of flexibility, a digital mixer like a QSC Touchmix or Behringer XR18 might fit the bill. Plenty of channels (some small analog mixers don't actually have enough full channel strips to be useful), built-in effects if you want, multiple outputs for speakers/monitors, and small. Control with a tablet right on your mic stand.

I prefer the stage-box format of my Behringer XR18 which can just sit on the floor in a corner or under a table.
I have an XR18 and I really like it. It has multiple effects (reverb,etc.) and you can use up to four at a time. The downside is that you need a laptop or a tablet as a controller (I use both) and it really needs an external wifi router if you are not connecting the laptop via Ethernet.

One thing I really like is that I can record eighteen tracks via USB.

A standard mix is easier in many ways, but not as flexible. I'm currently using a Behringer X1204USB mixer for Zoom open mics, and it works well for that because I can connect to a computer, phone, or tablet via USB.

Add a pair of decent powered speakers to either and you have a great system. I use a pair of pole-mounted Behringer Eurolive B208D powered speakers and a JBL EON10G2 wedge as a stage monitor.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 07-17-2020, 03:13 AM
Charter Member

The Fishman sticks are great. I have the redesigned model and I like it more than the Bose L1Compact. I have the extender mixer for it, and one can also buy the bass module.

It’s simple, powerful, And has good EQ and reverb that’s simple.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:52 AM

EV-30M. Simple set up, small footprint, built in mixer, great sound, plenty of power for outdoor use.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAltendahl View Post
EV-30M. Simple set up, small footprint, built in mixer, great sound, plenty of power for outdoor use.
Good call, it's on the list of 'when money's no object' Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification