The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-14-2020, 11:07 AM

Default Anyone using a Keeley Caverns V2 with acoustic?

I'm looking for a reverb and delay in one pedal for a small acoustic pedalboard. Right now I'm considering the Keeley Caverns V2 and I'm wondering if anyone is using this pedal on acoustic guitar? Also open to any other suggestions?
Old 07-14-2020, 11:29 AM

I've seen that and thought about getting one to save space on the pedal board. I currently use an Electro-Harmonix Canyon for delay. I especially like the shimmer effect. For reverb, I'm using a TC Electronics Arena, which is the predecessor to the well revered Hall of Fame.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:55 PM

It looks like the delay on that pedal is only a tape delay. So if you are wanting a different type of delay that’s not the right pedal for you.

What about a Zoom MS-50G? Very wide choice of delays + reverbs. Plus other effects too (though you don’t have to use the others).
Old 07-15-2020, 02:19 AM

I’ve recommended this any time anyone has asked about reverb or delay or both. This pedal works beautifully with acoustic, and you can get everything from taut slap back to lush ambience.
https://youtu.be/ZNz7NHp25Qc
Old 07-15-2020, 05:44 AM

I mentioned this pedal recently because the demos sound amazing, but none using an acoustic that I’ve seen. The modulation on the delay can be switched off for a more “digital” sound and straight slapback. I’m still veeeery tempted to try it out. If you do, please post a review. I will do the same, but it won’t be for several days if I pull the trigger.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:57 PM

I tried the keely delay workstation
It was nice but I sold it when I got the
Helix stomp. I liked the Keeleys small
Footprint .It sounded just ok. Not phenomenal.
But certainly a very workable unit. It had both verb and delay.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification