The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-19-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I do covers and originals, but instead of a video of me playing, I do slideshows with my recordings as background music (sometimes, otherwise is sound only tracks on soundcloud or reverbnation).

I don't see the point of watching someone play guitar unless I'm trying to learn something.

And when I do watch a video, if the player makes faces, closes their eyes and moves their head back and forth as if to say the music is coming from their soul or something as equally silly, I'll mutter "phoney baloney" and scroll the video up on my screen so I can't see the players head,
That's interesting Barry - for me I much prefer to listen to someone playing if I can also see them play it as I find the experience much more enjoyable to see how they are making the sound or getting the tone etc. I guess I tend to listen/watch to music I aspire to and so am always keen to see what I can learn from watching them play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 06-19-2020, 10:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
First person who comes to mind... makes faces, closes his eyes, moves his head back and forth... Tommy Emmanuel
Thats funny because he's one of the very few I watch.

Youtube!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 AM

I am a working singer songwriter ,a mediocre guitar player, a different voice, and I can write interesting lyrics.Whether you like it or not YT is the biggest music sharing platform on the planet. Just about every venue ,every festival wants to see a YT video before booking. Aside from that the democratisation of releasing music has opened up incomes from releasing music to folks like me who are not at all commerecial and would never have got a label deal, while providing a space for those with a passion to make music to share that passion, and find other folks who like what they do. How can that be a bad thing?

www.tupelolime.com
https://tupelolime.bandcamp.com/
Old 07-01-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Lime View Post
... How can that be a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing at all, and I think just about everyone who has posted here (and on Youtube) would agree with you. The guy who started the the thread seems to be odd man out in his own discussion, and by a lot.

Couch Standards
Old 07-01-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
It's not a bad thing at all, and I think just about everyone who has posted here (and on Youtube) would agree with you. The guy who started the the thread seems to be odd man out in his own discussion, and by a lot.
The original post is also 11 years old. YouTube had only been around for 4 years. The musical landscape has changed significantly since then.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
The original post is also 11 years old.
Didn't realize that! I probably didn't even know what Youtube was 11 years ago.

Couch Standards

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD