The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 09:27 PM

Default Pederson Custom Guitars EVA UM

Here are a couple of quick pics of this EVA UM I'm taking to Memphis.

See you there .

Kevin.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:41 PM

Kevin please stop! I have no more money left!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-03-2015, 09:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Yeah, what Marcus said! Here I am, fifteen years a luthier, and every time I see one of your guitars, I get the urge to win the Powerball jackpot, and sign up for a Pederson guitar! I mean, we're talkin' major GAS.
Great work, Kevin!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

That top is fantastic, like 3-D bearclaw. You could dive into it and never hit bottom. Is that, in fact, Sitka? Wow.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Yeah, what Marcus said! Here I am, fifteen years a luthier, and every time I see one of your guitars, I get the urge to win the Powerball jackpot, and sign up for a Pederson guitar! I mean, we're talkin' major GAS.
Great work, Kevin!
Thanks Steven and Marcus. It great to have people enjoy the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
That top is fantastic, like 3-D bearclaw. You could dive into it and never hit bottom. Is that, in fact, Sitka? Wow.
Yes, it is bear claw sitka spruce. I experimented on scrap until i got the stain right.

Thx for the comments...hope to see you at the show.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:50 AM

Absolutely crazy guitar. Not a lot of times you see one where it makes you rethink what an acoustic guitar should look like.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:07 AM

Wow!!!

I love offset sounds holes, looks cool and in my experience helps the guitar sound a lot better. Talk about access to the frets!

I don't understand the bridge - no pins, can't see the string ends, what's up?
Old 06-05-2015, 01:18 PM

Heck, besides the mind blowing top, the back and neck woods are really unbelievably beautiful as well. I just love the look of the neck!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:33 PM

That stained bearclaw is just out of this world! The whole guitar is phenomenal - incredibly beautiful!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Absolutely crazy guitar. Not a lot of times you see one where it makes you rethink what an acoustic guitar should look like.
Thanks printer2. It definitely opens up new possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoehler1 View Post
Wow!!!

I love offset sounds holes, looks cool and in my experience helps the guitar sound a lot better. Talk about access to the frets!

I don't understand the bridge - no pins, can't see the string ends, what's up?
Yes, this guitar seems to have a great sound. Full swelling bass and lots of creamy overtones. The offset sound hole leaves more 'top' between the fingerboard and the bridge.

Its a pinless bridge so the ball ends anchor in a recessed pocket at the rear of the bridge.

I'll definity be doing more of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Heck, besides the mind blowing top, the back and neck woods are really unbelievably beautiful as well. I just love the look of the neck!
The neck is ovangkol/shedua...its really stiff...i'm getting great feedback on the neck feel also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
That stained bearclaw is just out of this world! The whole guitar is phenomenal - incredibly beautiful!
Thank you, SJ VanSandt.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

I visited Kevin's table yesterday while, unfortunately, he was off somewhere else. The pics just don't do that inlay justice. There is an elegance, an excitement that impresses, far more in 3D than a photo ever could. Very nice work Kevin!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
I visited Kevin's table yesterday while, unfortunately, he was off somewhere else. The pics just don't do that inlay justice. There is an elegance, an excitement that impresses, far more in 3D than a photo ever could. Very nice work Kevin!

Steve
Thanks Steve. This guitar has a very nice voice. Nice bass clarity. Im super excited to hear the next one.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:26 PM

Had a really good time at this show. Had a TON of great feedback from people playing this guitar and from some builders too. I will be making more of these. I did sell this guitar at the show. I think the look and sound of this guitar really impressed. I am extremely happy with this guitar model. I'll be starting another one very soon.

I am also very happy that the wood i used in this guitar is mostly native and fairly plentiful at this point. For now, i dont see much of a reason to mess with those "ingredients". The back and side set is walnut and the top is bear claw spruce (Alaskan). This combo produced a lush bassy tone. It is loud and no treble loss at all.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:44 AM

Build thread?

And my brother said excellent photography.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Build thread?

And my brother said excellent photography.
Printer2 - yes I'll post a build thread on the very next one (will be even better than this one!!).

Paul Heumiller from Dream guitars shot some video of this guitar and a small interview with me. I'm not sure when and where that will appear, but when I know I will post it. I was going to send this guitar to Paul in the event it didn't sell. So I will start on a new one for Paul using these combination of woods and a new Leopard on the headstock.

Also - gathering more ideas for my 20th Anniversary guitar that I will be unveiling at a new guitar show coming in the fall of 2016.

Yeah, I need to get better photos. I'm working on it.

Kevin.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop