The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Default No More LG-2?

Is Gibson no longer making the LG-2 AE?

If not, why not?

It seemed to be popular, and I was really considering one for a while. Life took over, I just went back to check on them, and no one has them in stock...
Old 02-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymud View Post
Is Gibson no longer making the LG-2 AE?

If not, why not?

It seemed to be popular, and I was really considering one for a while. Life took over, I just went back to check on them, and no one has them in stock...
Looks like it may be discontinued. Lots of changes happening since Gibson's bankruptcy and re-org. The good news is that several used ones are available on Reverb at good prices.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

..yet another Gibson what the heck move...vintage LG-2’s are crazy popular and it would only make sense to be cranking new ones out...and for heavens sake put sunburst finishes on them or call them LG-3’s
Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 AM

Plus one on this! I keep waiting on a sunburst LG2. I came close a few years back on one of those banner headstock LG2 models they re issued.... wish I would have gone ahead and bought one now.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Plenty on the used market.

I wish there would be threads like this when I was selling my LG2s

Just like I am hoping there will be a thread like "wait... no more J45-Mahogany in the Gibson lineup?"

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-12-2019 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Edited detail
Old 02-12-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
..yet another Gibson what the heck move...vintage LG-2’s are crazy popular and it would only make sense to be cranking new ones out...and for heavens sake put sunburst finishes on them or call them LG-3’s
I've been thinking this for years, ever since I first heard about the American Eagle version. I looked pretty hard for one to try for a couple of years, but despite living within 20 miles of four different Guitar Centers and a Sam Ash (and being willing to drive even further if one of the other half-dozen GCs within striking distance ever got one in stock) I have never found a single LG-2 American Eagle (or Americana) in a store. Played a few nice vintage ones, though. . . .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion