The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 11-27-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
Some of us have been waiting for this. I saw a screening last year and we really enjoyed it. Finally ready for release and has a distributor and goes nationwide in a limited run this week (opened in Canada last week).

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wr...rew_(2008_film)
The Wrecking Crew
is a 2008 American documentary film directed by Denny Tedesco, son of guitarist Tommy Tedesco. It covers the story of the Los Angeles–based group of session musicians known as the Wrecking Crew, famed for having played on numerous hit recordings throughout the 1960s and early 1970s. The film premiered at the 2008 South by Southwest Film Festival.

Alvarez Yairi 5065
Fender 50th Anniv MIJ Telecaster
Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 PM

I recorded this a few years ago and have watched it a number of times.
Personally, I love it.
I didn’t realize that Brian Wilson used them - and they spoke very highly of him.
And that Tommy Tedesco - crazy on that nylon stringed guitar, and what a character.!
Old 11-27-2018, 03:33 PM

It's not at all like Muscle Shoals.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
I'm surprised you'd say that. I found both of these films very emotional and inspirational. Anyway, for me only, I will also see them joined at the hip.

Another related film I suggest. If you haven't seen the Brian Wilson biopic, LOVE & MERCY, please do. There are some wonderful studio recreations of the Wrecking Crew working with Brian and how they achieved that unique sound. I believe a few of the Crew were consultants on the film.

Love me some Brian Wilson.

scott memmer
Old 11-27-2018, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
I'm surprised you'd say that. I found both of these films very emotional and inspirational. Anyway, for me only, I will also see them joined at the hip.

Another related film I suggest. If you haven't seen the Brian Wilson biopic, LOVE & MERCY, please do. There are some wonderful studio recreations of the Wrecking Crew working with Brian and how they achieved that unique sound. I believe a few of the Crew were consultants on the film.

scott memmer
They are both great films and inspiring I'd agree, but I don't think that they're the same at all. Two different stories.

And yes, Love and Mercy is good too. I'll be seeing Brian in concert in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post

scott memmer
(1) See Post #3.

(2) "Not at all like" does not mean "not as good as".

Last edited by frankmcr; 11-27-2018 at 11:27 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN